f1 1988 mod AI issues

Hi All

I mostly use Rfactor as a spectator, using a sort of offline "what if" scenario championship. These days I am using the f1 1988 mod but using a custom season incorporating 58 of the best tracks in the world. I have one problem however. Both of the Mclarens are very quick but they're prone to crashing, senna for example can do many flying laps but always without fail loses his front wing when trying to overtake backmarkers under braking. its almost like his ai brakes too late, Prost too.
As a consequence Nigel Mansell and Michele Alboreto are currently fighting for the championship at round 20 of 58 and prost + senna are quite low in the standings. Mansell, Piquet, Alboreto and Berger all seem to be able to finish a race without pitting or with at most 1 pit stop whereas senna will sometimes have 5 pit stops.
A workaround could be to have the championship without car damage but I wanted this to be somewhat realistic.
I've read this might have something to do with the feelers in the hdv files but I am not sure how to edit these.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd love to see Prost and Senna fighting on track for the lead not for 28th place after stopping every lap for replacement wings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back