rF2 F1 1979 @ Montreal 1988 - Mon 30th January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Which 3 tracks would you like to race on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1675105125959.png

Montreal 1988 has taken victory in the randomiser for the top 5.
1675105240230.png

The race will therefore be 35 Laps long. Server will be up momentarily. I would suggest the Medium Downforce Setup for this track, I will share it (and any updates) in the Practice session when you join the server.

That was fun, and I learned that the lockable casters which I used to not roll away under braking are a little worn to the point that everytime I was braking my chair got away from the pedals with me on it, so I had to get my chair back on the straights ... a fun challenge:D:D

Last edited:
That was a wild ride of a race. A bumpy ahh track with wonky startlines and extra chicanes made it an interesting learning experience, but one that really seemed to reward going for it in the faster corners.
In Quali, Dan set an amazing laptime and I was doing a lap that was going to be well off it, so when I crossed the line and had found nearly a second in the final sector to take pole by 1 tenth I was very confused. I must have just got those final two chicanes perfect.

Race started well, until I went wide at the slow chicane under the bridge and lost the lead. A couple of spins out of turn 7 on the bumps stopped me being in touch with Dan and then it was a case of keep going and keep the position.

Thanks to all who turned up. The mystery track aspect meant nobody had an advantage of extra practice so we all went in pretty much equal. I'll trial it again at some point with a smaller selection of tracks I reckon in the future.

That was a wild ride of a race. A bumpy ahh track with wonky startlines and extra chicanes made it an interesting learning experience, but one that really seemed to reward going for it in the faster corners.
In Quali, Dan set an amazing laptime and I was doing a lap that was going to be well off it, so when I crossed the line and had found nearly a second in the final sector to take pole by 1 tenth I was very confused. I must have just got those final two chicanes perfect.

Race started well, until I went wide at the slow chicane under the bridge and lost the lead. A couple of spins out of turn 7 on the bumps stopped me being in touch with Dan and then it was a case of keep going and keep the position.

Thanks to all who turned up. The mystery track aspect meant nobody had an advantage of extra practice so we all went in pretty much equal. I'll trial it again at some point with a smaller selection of tracks I reckon in the future.
Yeah it was a fun battle until your wide pass in the slow chicane .
The 2 last chicanes were really thrilling to pass as fast as possible :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%