rF2 F1 1979 @ Montreal 1988 - Mon 30th January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Which 3 tracks would you like to race on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
F1 1979.jpg

It's time to wheel the historic F1 cars out again, but where we go is up to you! Using the excellent 1986 and 1988 mod pack you should all have by now, the circuit we race at will be chosen at random from a selection voted for by you! I have isolated the 18 circuits an placed them in a poll at the top of this thread. Vote for up to three circuits you would like to race at, and on Monday I will randomly select one of the top 5 voted tracks! Don't worry, there will be a practice server and some setups. I will choose a Low, Medium and High downforce layout each so you can have a feeling for all of them.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
Track: F1 1986 & 1988 Track Pack - [STEAM]
Layout: See vote
Air Temperature: 12°C
Fixed Setups: No (High, Medium and Low Downforce setups to be attached to this post)
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Sunny
ABS/TC: Factory
Practice Server (midweek): Detroit (High DF), Jacarepagua (Medium DF), Hockenheim (Low DF)
1675106155401.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 23rd January 2023
Practice: 19:00 GMT (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (15 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:35 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20:40 GMT (35 Laps - 150km)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
CAR LIST
As a bit of a different race, there are lots of different cars with different performances. As such, let's have an eclectic grid where you all choose your car. Please choose one of the cars which has not been chosen.
These cars have different physics and overall speeds. Feel free to test them beforehand before making your choice. I am listing the cars in the 1979 Constructors Championship finishing order to give you an idea of the pace they had. If you are a "faster" driver, please may you choose one of the "slower" cars, as a way of balancing the field a bit.

1: Scuderia Ferrari
- Jody Scheckter: Free Spot
- Gilles Villeneuve: Free Spot

2: Albilad-Saudia Williams
- Alan Jones: rockracer
- Clay Regazzoni: ThreeLionz

3: Ligier Gitanes
- Jacques Laffite: Free Spot
- Patrick Depailler: Free Spot

4: Martini Lotus
- Mario Andretti: Steve Le Gallez
- Carlos Reutemann: Monkey T.
- Hector Rebaque (Rebaque): Free Spot

5: Candy Tyrrell
- Didier Pironi: Free Spot
- Jean-Pierre Jarier: Free Spot

6: Renault Elf
- Jean-Pierre Jabouille (RS11): Free Spot
- Rene Arnoux (RS12): Ingemar Petersson

7: Marlboro McLaren
- John Watson: David Steinacher
- Patrick Tambay: Free Spot

8: Parmalat Brabham
- Niki Lauda: Free Spot
- Nelson Piquet: Free Spot

9: Warsteiner Arrows
- Ricardo Patrese: Free Spot
- Jochen Mass: Free Spot

10: Shadow
- Elio de Angelis (Interscope): Free Spot
- Jan Lammers (Samson): Free Spot

11: ATS
- Hans Stuck: Free Spot

12: Fittipaldi Copersucar
- Emerson Fittipaldi: max1966i

13: Olympus Wolf
- James Hunt: Jimlaad43
- Keke Rosberg: Free Spot

14: Autodelta Alfa Romeo
- Bruno Giacomelli: Free Spot
- Vittorio Brambilla: Free Spot

15: Ensign
- Derek Daly: Free Spot

16: Merzario
- Arturo Merzario: Free Spot

SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
Practice Server with Jacarepagua, Detroit and Hockenheim is Up.

When I get time, i will make setups for all three configurations and share them here.

@cerebralvortex @Paul_V @Jan Larsen @Redvaliant @David Steinacher @rockracer
Thanks for the votes. Adelaide has taken a strong lead, with Monaco and Silverstone currently joint second. We will have to see how anybody else votes and whether another circuit can jump up the leaderboard.

Hilariously, only one of the three tracks on the practice server has votes so far. This'll make it good and equal for everyone if none of them end up in the final 5 for the randomiser.

I know I said I wasn't always free on a Monday but I really have to do this. The force is strong in this unknown combo....in, in, in.

Emerson for me.

Last edited:
Can't make it as stated earlier, but last night I drove every car on Jacapagua trying to get a feel for them again. Holy Fk! these cars around there are intense. I found the Williams easily quick, you just don't need to hustle it as much as some of the others to get laptime. The Wolf was the nicest to drive, with very good handling. The Alfa engine cars sound the best and are quite quick in a straight line. The Ensign was very drivable, just a bit slow. What was noticable was how poor the ground effect was in most of the mid-field cars - you end up fighting oversteer in the really fast stuff more than the Ligier and Williams, for example.
But it's a very bumpy track. If you put these cars on there in future , I'll definitely be in.

@akephoe @Roy Magnes @wayphaxx @Cosimo @Xalfy @Michel vL @Jan Larsen @Michael Rudolf @Ole Marius Myrvold @Rich Green @groy1980 @Kryztov @Daniel Krebs @Stammeleer @Jasje @xoSx.Racing @SimApprentice21 @Stephen Gibb @Dean Maković @Monkey T. @Stefan Hiller @Denis Betty @Daniel R. @ThreeLionz @Ronny van Rooij @The Almighty Snark @Herlev @Ingemar Petersson @joecronk @Lesley Buurlage @Raf Nix @Paul_V
Any of you up for an epic evening of racing?
I have attached three setups for these cars. They will cater for you on High, Medium and Low downforce circuits, depending on which ones gets selected for the race on Monday.

Attachments

• Z 79 HDF.svm
    4.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Z 79 MDF.svm
    4.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Z 79 LDF.svm
    4.9 KB · Views: 40

I'll have a look and see how rF2 runs with this combo! It's a bit of a hit and miss currently!

Just under 5 hours to go before the track choice is made. Get your votes in quickly!
Remember that votes by users who are racing tonight will be counted for double too, so choose a car and join us for some brilliant racing!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%