F1 1975 LE

Cars F1 1975 LE 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
well, the Physic is from Dave Purdy (sadly he passed away last Year :(), he created the Easy Engine Physics Editor, also the Physic for Renault 3.5L, GP2 2011, 1994 F1 LE, F1-85 LE, F1-75 LE, and McLaren F1, the Physic for the F1 1975 Mod based on the McLaren M23, Dave was a big McLaren Fan

I believe I have used his engine editor, so respect for that. The 75-physics were not that accurate but enjoyable from what I remember. I'm more against the filosofy of difficult being more realistic.

• Deleted member 130869

Is the snap you get from downshifting to maybe 2nd or 1st? It could just be you're going in too hot with high RPMs. It was all about flow and smoothly going through the gears, both accelerating and braking. If you're braking with 200m or less from high RPM on 5th gear, you're pushing too much.

I have most all of the 75 tracks installed all without AMS dynamic stuff but I'm fine with them as they are.
Where does the physics reside in the F175 files? I have been playing around with no noticeable results so far.

is there a Interest in a 1975 Trackpack, it's only a convert from rf1 and I have no Idea about the dynamic Tracks from AMS, but I miss this old Tracks in AMS
Yes sir Chief, I had tracks converted for my personal use before from your track pack to race the retro's on and they were quite fun. Due to a pc crash and now on win10 I haven't been able to use rftools to convert any over. Any questions I'm sure Dann M would help you out. He's been extremely helpful to the guys on the board.

Is the snap you get from downshifting to maybe 2nd or 1st? It could just be you're going in too hot with high RPMs. It was all about flow and smoothly going through the gears, both accelerating and braking. If you're braking with 200m or less from high RPM on 5th gear, you're pushing too much.

It feels more pronounced in these. Bearing in mind we already have the F Retro by Reiza for the same years and that doesn't suffer anywhere near as badly.

I experimented by pasting the Reiza engine and gear files and pointing the hdv files to them instead of the originals and coupled with a setup as close to the stock Retro to compare. The car becomes much more understeery but is much more stable under braking and acceleration.

Considering the majority of the cars ran the Cosworth DFV engines at the time the default engine file seems to overpowered approx 500bhp @ 12,000rpm (more suited to the Ferrari's V12) whereas they were aparently nearer 450bhp @ 10,800rpm. Reizas engine file for the Retro seems much more in line with this.

is there a Interest in a 1975 Trackpack, it's only a convert from rf1 and I have no Idea about the dynamic Tracks from AMS, but I miss this old Tracks in AMS

Would love a track pack if it was available and permissions were granted. Bear in mind that at least 4 rounds are aready available in game; Buenos Aires (no. 15 seems to be the right layout, no expert though), Interlagos historic, Johannesburg historic and spielberg vintage. It would be cool if you could edit the series file to include these in the scene order so we could do single player championships :)

Where does the physics reside in the F175 files? I have been playing around with no noticeable results so far.

Vehicle folder. They all share the same physics with the 75_LE hdv.

I copy, pasted and renamed a .hdv with each constructor; changing the mass, wheelbase and track, sometimes fuel tank capicity according to info I found online, and in the case of the ferrari created a new engine file from the defualt one. You then need to change the .veh file to point to the new .hdv

If you just want to change the characteristics of every car just edit the 75_LE.hdv as by default all the cars are pointing to that file e.g to change the engine toa more realistic DFV replace the default engine.ini to 'F_Retro_Engine.ini'

Would love a track pack if it was available and permissions were granted. Bear in mind that at least 4 rounds are aready available in game; Buenos Aires (no. 15 seems to be the right layout, no expert though), Interlagos historic, Johannesburg historic and spielberg vintage. It would be cool if you could edit the series file to include these in the scene order so we could do single player championships :)

The 1975LE rF mod comes with its own trackpack and seeing how Chiefwiggum and friends are the authors I don't see permissions being an issue.

I aways was fan of Chief's work on rF1, and played many of his Mods.
Would be brilliant have the whole thing converted to AMS. Personally, I just dont want it to be the rF1 simple conversion of it. This way we are using AMS as rF1, which is a waste. AMS have so much more to offer.

About the tracks, maybe talking with the right people, we can have proper and full working conversions.
The ones willing to do it, can start talking with @Patrick Giranthon .

If one day we have this matterial converted to AMS with all proper features, Im pretty sure the whole community will be all praise to those involved.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

@CMGARAGE
I understand. One thing to consider is Reiza's is a bit of a mix and match of attributes. From the Copersucar to the Brabham. It could be that the base car used as guide for the mod, since it's League Edition, is exactly a more potent machine like the Ferrari.

A bit of an stretch, but one can still dream :sneaky:, is a Historical Edition much like the 1979 mod for rFactor.

Im going to release (with ChiefWiggum's blessing, we have spoken already) a new physics for the 1975 mod, the cars are less punishing yet still a challenge. I have allowed 4 people to test the physics so far and they have said that it is a noticeable step in the right direction and allows you to enjoy the mod for what it is!! I will be posting shortly.

So what is the general thoughts about the mod? @CMGARAGE you seem to be unsure/unhappy with the physics produced. As i said in other threads, i've had to give the cars more downforce to actually make them more driveable, if as it seems you'd prefer, people would rather have historically accurate cars I can do this.

As things stand, I think the performance of each car is relation to one another is quite well balanced, but if people would prefer the cars to be slower, less downforce, perhaps harder to control, however i will try and tweak them as best I can, I can give it a go at trying to produce something errrrr, slower and worse to drive??! If thats what people would like? But it means i would have to start again...I have a pretty good handle on this car mods physics and what was causing the downshift instability etc. I do recall David Coulthard driving a 1976 machine and likening it more towards a current F3 car, performance wise...is that would people would prefer?

Im open to suggestions, however i will carry on tweaking these physics if people are happy to continue in this direction. I will release a LE mod as well for online racing.

Dethrone, What you have done so far is great, this mod now is by far my fave. Although at my age 79...I fondly remember the year well 1975, by far my best in memory and to Chief, thank you for all you have contributed thru the years to our sim racing addition.

So what is the general thoughts about the mod? @CMGARAGE you seem to be unsure/unhappy with the physics produced. As i said in other threads, i've had to give the cars more downforce to actually make them more driveable, if as it seems you'd prefer, people would rather have historically accurate cars I can do this.

I'm not unhappy, and I do appreciate the work everyone has done to bring this mod to AMS.

I was just curious how you'd managed to tweak the physics as you'd certainly managed to iron out that temprememtal back-end. The car has a good sense of weight to it but will still spit you out if you get too cocky. So I had a nosey round the new files.

I was surprised to find on the loading screen/showroom that the Cosworth powered cars now were showing ~550bhp. The first thing I did to try and tame them (with the original mod) was reduced the power by copying Reiza's F Retro engine file :)

There's a couple of virtual reference points with Reizas F Retro and Copasucar Fittipaldi, R Factor 2's Brabham BT44 and Assetto Corsa has the 312T and the Lotus 72D(?) licensed, theres also a McLaren M23 mod.

I applied the torque curve values of the Lotus in AC to one of your engine files via Dave's engine editor and the bhp maxed out as you'd expect ~450bhp. That alone takes a couple of seconds a lap off and brings in similar to the times of the F Retro.

In terms of historical accuracy, I've never driven one of these beasts, obviously, and I'm no expert on the era or car physics so I'm not going to tell you it's wrong/rubbish but it'd be cool if you could incorporate little bits into the mod which reflects the cars they're based on where the info is available e.g accurate engines, 6 speed boxes on the few that had them, realistic weight differences etc. to give each car character.

Any information you have about car weights, handling etc are all welcome. PM me and we can test and work together on this. I'm currently trying to back engineer the cars to that (for me) magic 1.17 lap time around Kyalami Historic. I've got them back to 1.16's as opposed to 1.09's, plus in game loafing screens say 460bhp engine wise now. They seem rather gutless now. But for the sake of realism I suppose we just have to take that one!! Its actually really hard work slowing them down, harder than taming them I found. I'm weakening the brakes, lessening downforce and making the engines less powerful. Like I said what I'm working on today I'm happy to show and share, but obv none of us, except reiza have access to any sort of 70s physics data so I'm doing it literally all by feel, research and creativity/guesswork!! if anyone wants to be a tester for the mod PM me. We'll crack this together!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back