F1 1975 LE Part 1

Cars F1 1975 LE Part 1 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ok, so here's those few other things...
First of all, spelling is wrong in that "maybe the worstest Car in 1975", it should be "maybe the worst Car in 1975", even better "probably the worst Car in 1975".
Hope you don't mind. I know english isn't your native, but isn't mine too, so this feels a bit weird. :D
Other thing is that I've been doing total rebuilding of all cameras for these cars (that's just something I do, out of fun, but sometimes it's not so fun to spend hours and hours on it) and if you're interested, I can send you some still not finished version. Basically I always go for reality, so that means there's no unrealistically big FOV and cameras that just hanging ...somewhere there ...in space around the car. They all have to be placed ...on some firm spot (on the car), that's my motto and I always stick to it. Special attention is dedicated to cockpit and T-cams, cause those two are almost always used for actual driving, not only replays.
Btw, I've been doing cams for years, many of them aren't published ever, but some are, you can find them on my profile page. With some of them yet to be published, like it's the ones for RSS F1 2016 - next version that will come out. ;)
Anyway... let me know.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound like an old krumudgin or ungrateful, but with four threads on this mod, I am a bit unclear as to where and how to get the most up to date version. Would it be possible to consolidate into one thread? Do I need parts 1 and 2 still or have things been consolidated?

Thank you for your awesome work Mr Chief.

FraPP!!!

Oh *hit, I only now realize.. that this is the "same for all" cars version. :speechless:
I don't want that, no.
When will the "normal" version of these cars appear ? If ever.

Thx for this mod although i liked the orig. Physics more. Too tame now. Problem: i cant get the tires to heat up properly. 68 degrees thats about the most after several laps at Guapore.

Hi ChiefWiggum
Firstly, Thank You for bringing this F1 year to life once more. Kyalami with it's long main straight is perfectly suited to it.
One graphical problem that I have noticed which occurred in rFactor as well is that the ends of the cockpit sides can be seen when turning left or right especially in the pits.
For rFactor, in the vehicle cam file, the 1st value for the 'clip planes' was change from say 0.125 to 0.025 which solved the problem but not so in Automobilista??? Changing this value makes no difference regardless if it is a single or triple monitor setup.
Could anyone assist here with a solution as I see the same problem is occurring with the rFactor 2 version as well.

Many Thanks for your help!

Thx for this mod although i liked the orig. Physics more. Too tame now. Problem: i cant get the tires to heat up properly. 68 degrees thats about the most after several laps at Guapore.
Also I am working on a more long term fix, but as I have cut a considerable amount of downforce the tires are sliding alot more, thus creating more friction and heat. I am working on tweaking and fine tuning these values as we speak.

Great mod!!

The virtual mirror is magnified? Side mirrors in the cars work fine.

The throttle response seems to be purposely dulled, perhaps to deal with snap oversteer or some other physics issues. Yes, these cars were beasts, but not that bad. They were easier to drive than the late 60's cars with similar power because they had much better tires and wings that worked better.

Attention to detail on so many other issues is fantastic. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the kind words. Tbh with you I felt the cars needed to be easier to drive, I still do. But there is a thin line between what people seem to deem acceptable handling wise. Everything I researched and saw on tape, none of it showed a punishing downshift where you would be wrestling for control over the cars. It was more of a drift/dance with the car throughout the corners. Controlled sliding on the edge.

People seem to want punishing and savage physics, but these were race cars. Designed to go as fast as possible. They weren't designed to throw you off the road as fast as possible, so it is a bit confusing when I read comments here and there on the LE thread and on the HE thread and private messages saying the physics are too easy now. I think with a bit more tweaking here and there, bringing out a bit more character in each car, its not too bad an overall package.

Chiefwiggum has done a fantastic job visually with the mod and the sounds are rather epic too. I just want to hear that Matra engine now!! :)

I'm not a racing driver but I have had the privilege of driving a racing car before (V8 Supercar). Fundamentally, it was very easy to drive but difficult to drive fast. Getting used to the amount of grip available and finding the limit was the biggest challenge - not whether the car was going to randomly throw me into the bushes. I believe this to be true for many racing cars especially since the advent of aerodynamics and significant progress in tyre technology.

I'm not a racing driver but I have had the privilege of driving a racing car before (V8 Supercar). Fundamentally, it was very easy to drive but difficult to drive fast. Getting used to the amount of grip available and finding the limit was the biggest challenge - not whether the car was going to randomly throw me into the bushes. I believe this to be true for many racing cars especially since the advent of aerodynamics and significant progress in tyre technology.
100% absolutely agree!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing