F1 1975 HE V1.1

Cars F1 1975 HE V1.1 2017-01-25

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cool, sounds good to me. The tyre file is something in still getting my head round tbh with you. Obv the hdv files and all the magic that goes on in there I'm fine with but the tbc files are something I'm learning as I go, so I'll def give them a whirl.

Right after your message it compelled me to go off and have a play around too. I will send you over the new tyre physics file i have worked on, along with some of the other features i was working on in the HDV and engine ini file. The tyre file i will send you over has a lot more play now, more sideways actions coming out of the corners, so there is quite a bit more powersliding (but not drifting!!). I had actually begun work on the degradation anyways, so the tyres now are a lot more durable. See what you think, but keep in mind its a work in progress :) I think once the tyres are nailed then i need to back engineer all the other cars to bring out their handling quirks. Shouldnt take too long though :)

I guess there is no happy medium, if its to hard to drive,it unrealistic, if its to easy its unrealistic.I guess the answer lies in the drivers talent., or lack thereof.But thanks anyway. Looking forward to doing my best to drive these little beast.
Well im working on it mate, i really want to be able to have tyres that we can do these controlled but impressive corner exit powerslides, and to have the general physics be not quite so critical. But as future developments get released keep all the feedback coming in, you can PM me or on this thread. But i'd like this to certainly be mostly wrapped up and completed within the next few weeks :)

As a long time fan of Chiefs work, it pleases me no end to see it receive the attention it deserves. To me one of the pleasures of a historic version, is the subtle differences in performance. Where one chassis may suit one better than another.The pleasure of fiddling with a chosen chassis' setup to make it suit your own driving style is an endless source of pleasure, at least to me.The true generosity of the fellows doing all this research and testing is really appreciated.

As a long time fan of Chiefs work, it pleases me no end to see it receive the attention it deserves. To me one of the pleasures of a historic version, is the subtle differences in performance. Where one chassis may suit one better than another.The pleasure of fiddling with a chosen chassis' setup to make it suit your own driving style is an endless source of pleasure, at least to me.The true generosity of the fellows doing all this research and testing is really appreciated.
I personally like the lotus, but I have always preferred a slightly more understeering race car!!

Hello,

the cars are undrivable! I try to test different FFB settings but nothing worked, so my question is, does anybody have good realfeel.ini settings for this mod? I haven't found settings to this. Would be very nice!

Hi guys,

Dethrone1427, CMGARAGE,

We can talk all we want about HDVs and TBCs but our biggest problems with this mod are the sound samples. They clip like mad and even if you DC offset them with a minus 1 db amplitude reduction, online, they crack and pop continuously. We need new, virgin, Cosworth DFV samples before that can be fixed.
https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/sound-problem-multiplayer.3029/

As for the HDV,
I was using the 1975 spec of 550kg. So from 612kg, I had lowered it to 600kg. As CMGARAGE mentioned (thank you), I was not counting on the weight of the driver. DoH! So I have a 50kg driver... it must be a kid! My next version will take that into account.

Next, either the Radiator Range adjustments are too few, I added 2, or the per notch RadiatorCooling of the Cosworth_engine.ini is too low as, at 8, one more than the base HDV, at Monza, I'm still flirting with the boiling point.

Brake Range and rear Camber limits are too low. I augmented the size of the Bias steps and doubled the number of available Camber steps.

For the TBC,
You guys are still running on cold tires... frozen tires is more like it. As the LE version goes, at Monza, trowing the thing around, I could not reach 130F (54C). So yes I did augment the Heating but not by smidgen... I tried to send those to hell. I actually lowered the heat caused by rolling and then I doubled the friction value. If you do the idiot, they go up. If you take it cool, they go down. Real fun!

But then, when you start looking at all the other values in that TBC file, you can't do anything else than come to the conclusion that the file comes from a touring car or something:

DryLatLong is square... wrong. A tire always has more longitudinal than lateral grip. Except the P34 with its 4 front tires.

Following these specs: http://www.avonmotorsport.com/historic/racing-slicks/13-historic-slicks

The Radius are wrong. it affects not only graphics but gear ratio's of cars.
The width is not important as it only affects the skid mark size and has not on physics but it"s wrong too.
Rim... lets just take the front, it's set at 0.2285 meter... 9" radius. Uhmmm... an 18" wheel!
Those don't do much but here is where goes off the rail:
LatPeak and LongPeak with a peak at 18000kg. Please explain to me when a 600kg F1 can generate anywhere near this load? Never on your life. Maybe off a tall building... it's 30 time the gravity of the planet. The result of that is the multiplier of grip level defined in DryLatLong. At forty thousand pound... your not gonna get any.
The RollingResistance is too low but that's just a detail compared to the previous... "discrepancy" or to the following.
Temperatures peak at 130C, 266F, melting... disintegrating compound temperature... IRL.
If, with your present Heating settings, you can gets 50-60C, with your present GripTempPress of 1.6, 1.40, 1.40, very high figures. The higher the first number the more grip is lost when the tire is colder than optimum temp, 130, the second number works the same for being above optimum.

With what I can muster, I've got thing running at ~70C for a peak temperature of 90C.

Now they are fun to drive!

HF

Last edited:
We just had a test race, I'm going to augment the Weight of the cars and I had set the front Heating at 9.05e-1, 1.80e-2 and the rear to 9.05e-1 and 2.00e-2. As you settle down to race pace, temps went down to ~65C. The 1.8 at the front is too low, I'll try 2.00e-2. I'll leave the rear as they are, a heavier car and a more realistic F:R Weight Distribution should round things up quite nicely... I hope.

F:R Weight Distribution 51:49 to 44:56 while the real cars it pretty much was fix at 40/60. I'm going to set it for 48/52 to 60/40. There's gonna be repercussions on the tire temps and of the handling. It might need a bit more grip coefficient in the rear.

One other tidbit came up, Final Ratio is not adjustable... I'm gonna open that too.

Pole at Monza in 1975 was 1:32.2, Lauda, and best race lap was 1:33.1 by Regazzoni. I'm not sure yet but I might augment the grip all around... What do you guys think?

You guys asleep? ;)

Last edited:
Woohoo! Thank You Santi,

It's always fun when someone kicks your arss. Newtons hey?. Uhmmm... ok! My bad!

The only part here I do not understand the "you are behaving like an idiot, to lessen the value of the work of another modder..." You're talking to who? Me? Have I insulted you? Then why are you insulting me?

I'll look up the mods with Neils' physics and adjust my correction accordingly. A second patch was planned anyway, it will be available on the CMS-MNRL forums soon.

And for the "If you are not happy with a mod just do not play it" well... rFactor's motto is "Customize Control Connect" so if I want to adjust a mod... I can. Period.
And for "just show it with respect"... dude! You got my post all wrong. You need to understand that English is not my mother tongue. If I have offended you, I apologize but I will always be the impolite jack that always say what he thinks and not what should be said while thinking something else.

P. -S. Try the LE mod for yourself. In its original version. Just try to get the tire temp anywhere near the mod's own peak of 130C. You'll see right away, the LE version, it's undrivable. Also, MNRL is a league for older gents. There's even a 55+ Championship so ya, we do adjust some of the mods we use. In this case, we're fixing a few issues.
https://imgur.com/s37HXVw

Last edited:
Just a small update,

Front Heating is now at (9.15e-1, 2.20e-2) while the rears at (9.15e-1, 2.00e-2)
I'm fighting the physics or something... that's what it has to be to even out the temps.

As for Neils' TBC files, either for the Can-Am or for his 2012 Corvette, both have GripTempPress set to 0,0,0, ...?!?!?!
If you have time Santi, could you please give me the name of one of those mod with high GripTempPress?

His Lat & LongPeak are also bellow 10,000.

For a league Edition... It feels pretty good.

I can't get this to work.

I've installed part 1 and 2 of the LE version, then I installed the HE version. The problem is, it does not appear in my series menu, only the LE version does. All I get is a blank space that lights up red when I place my cursor over it. Screen shot attached.

aZkdbCW.jpg

The red patch between the ''F1 1975 LE'' and ''75 Formula Retro'' series icons is where I'd assume to find the HE series.

I've installed series files for both as well so I can't figure out why I cannot access the HE cars. If I delete the LE series files I still get a blank red icon where I'd assume the HE series icon should be.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%