rF2 F1 1971 @ Österreichring 70 - Sat July 31st 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I am struggling to make it guys but I am going to try, I bought a new motherboard and ram today and am having some problems getting everything back together, bought a Baram cpu cooler as well and its causing probs in fitting, am posting from daughters lappy which she is screaming for, if I get everthing working in time I will be on the server, if not sorry for missing for the event.

qualy.....did a bad error and was 4th....

race....was fightin for the 3rd spot, was on the outside near the grass, and my tyre hit a bit the tyres of Daniel or viceversa (i haven't really any space on the track so maybe wasn't all a mine fault :p) and so we both went wide outside.... Can arrive at full speed and wasn't able to not hit me.... DNF... :( sry m8 but i wasn't enough fast to press the button after pressing esc.....was a race accident i think :(
damn could be a nice race, but race are also that.....

now i'm waiting for race 2, hoping for a better race!!! :D

Yeah, sorry Mattia for the contact, Knew you were going to come by but didn't see you on the left as I drifted over. That accident between Can and you was really spectacular though:wink:

Just a quick report,this mod is fast becoming one of my favorites to drive.Lead race 1 from start to finish,though i could see that Ross back in second was keeping the gap pretty consistent.Race 2 qualify on 3 on a 38.3,couldn't match Mattia and Ross on 37.9's...they were only .011 apart.First few laps were hectic as Mattia got away while Robert,Ross and i battled hard.I made a pass on Robert down the front straight only to throw it away going wide coming out of turn 1 over the jump.Robert and Ross carried on the fight till Robert dissapeared promoting me to 3rd. Laps later i had a spin and lost ground to Ross til he did the same and i went past for second. Then on the last lap Mattia spins half a lap from the finish but i am not close enough to snatch a well deserved win from him.Great racing from everyone....hope to see a few more on the grid next week.Cheers Kev.

Yeah, sorry Mattia for the contact, Knew you were going to come by but didn't see you on the left as I drifted over. That accident between Can and you was really spectacular though:wink:

no problem m8!!!! this things could happens during races....we were on old cars at over 200 km/h so it was a normal race contact that ended with a spectacular accident.... it was really a question of centimeters and it could gone in the other way also!!! ;) so no problem m8!!! ;)

i will do the report tomorrow.... now i'm a bit tired :p

awesome night driving!
race1 spun at T1 and took another driver with me, sorry about that

race2 went well this time, started 4th and finished 3rd, spent the whole race trying to go as fast as i can but by the time i nearly caught up i started sliding on a lot of corners and lost 3 or 4 seconds awesome driving kevin!

WOOHOO! my first podium finish!!!!!!!

awesome night driving!
race1 spun at T1 and took another driver with me, sorry about that

race2 went well this time, started 4th and finished 3rd, spent the whole race trying to go as fast as i can but by the time i nearly caught up i started sliding on a lot of corners and lost 3 or 4 seconds awesome driving kevin!

WOOHOO! my first podium finish!!!!!!!

Thanks Robert,not saying i am the fastest driver but after a few laps behind you can i give you a tip.You need to go slower to be faster....there's an old racing adage thats been around for a long time....slow in,fast out.Your car will thank you for it....consistency.

Really enjoyed this mod, the cars look, sound and feel fantastic to drive!
Made a mistake in Q1, so started 2nd. Made a bad start and was following a couple of guys ahead until turn 2 when Robert had his accident. Kevin was out in front, and i was just behind someone else in the Matra i think, and struggled to pass. When i did however, Kevin was about 8s in front, managed to get the gap down slightly but we were lapping pretty similar times for the rest of the race. Good consistency! There were only 3 finishers in the end, which was disappointing but not surprising considering the lairy nature of these cars.

Qualie 2: P2 again! 0.011s off Mattia's time (i'll try and make a movie of our laps as we were both using completely different setups but found almost the same time) Started slowly again as i don;t have a clutch pedal, and settled into a nice battle with Kevin and Robert for a few laps. Eventually Kevin made a mistake, and i quickly got a run on Robert down the start/finish straight, when he suddenly disappeared?! No idea what happened, but Kevin was right behind me now, so i tried to increase the gap and catch Mattia ahead. Was slightly catching him when i got a wheel on the grass exiting the 2nd last corner, spun and lost my front wing. Pitted and emerged 5th, had a spin avoiding an incident later, and finished 5th, only 24s behind Mattia in the end. (I wish i hadn't ran off the road!)

Overall, really enjoyed these cars, and the racing was also fun, although we could've done with a few more cars on the grid. Thanks to Ryan for setting this up!

yeah kevin im a bit of a crap driver in the first laps of a race, i get too exited and screw my braking points up hehe.

oh yeah ross i just remembered about that, i was going along the main straight happily at 150mph when my pc screen suddenly went black, i guess it lagged (been having lag problems today and no idea why) i thought i was screwed, but luckily when my 10second lag ended the game just let me carry on from where i was lagging.

I didn't feel a touch or anything, but i kept thinking during the race that i'd hit you! It was quite weird hearing your engine screaming one second, then nothing the next!

was weird for me too was only lag though my pc's been jumping all day, but i have had my pc for 8 months now i guess windows needs a reinstall... thats the problem with gaming pc's they need windows reinstalled at least twice a year im lucky its lasted till now lol

Just a thought- how about trying an enduro/grand prix length race with this mod?

Also, can anyone send me the replay file from qualie 2, i accidentally deleted my one!?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.7%