F-Ultimate Engine.ini help

Hello I would like to edit the engine.ini file from the F-Ultimate, my goal is to have for every races (100% length) between 0 and 2 engine failures.

So i think i know what lines i should edit :
LifetimeEngineRPM=(12200,329.927216307231)
LifetimeOilTemp=(110,4)
LifetimeAvg=32000
LifetimeVar=1000

I know what every lines do, except the last one, and i can't find an explanation on the internet, only the LifetimeAvg is explained.. So i am asking you if you could explain me how does LifetimeVar work?
If you could use those default values to make an example it would be perfect!

Thanks

You picked up the right lines to edit. I quickly had a look through an old rFactor 1 document I had and it is explained as follow:
Code:
LifetimeEngineRPM= 1st setting determines after which point the engine starts increasing its wear rate beyond the Lifetime already predetermined. This value should be set below the minimum RPM rev limit. The 2nd value determines how many RPM after this the engines life time is cut in half. Usually between 100-300 RPM. If it's set to 150 and you over rev by the first value by 300 for 1 second you will remove 4 seconds of engine "lifetime".

LifetimeOilTemp= Similar story to the setting above. The temperature (1st setting) is set maybe about 5-10 degrees above the Optimum Water Temperature. The second value is usually about 3, this defines the point at which the engines lifetime is halved. Lower values result in earlier retirement from overheating..

LifetimeAvg= Average lifetime of the engine in seconds. Depends on how long a race is. For highly tuned and stressed race engines, this value should usually be around 1.3-1.6x the length of races. This setting assumes that the 2 previous Lifetime variables are never far exceeded, which is why it must be higher than race lengths (if the car can finish the race under normal circumstances). This is the base engine life.

LifetimeVar= Random variation in engine lifetime. About 30% of lifetime average however it can probably be as low as 10%. Depends on the similarity of the reliability is. If a car constantly retires at very similar stages of the race, then this value will be low. If it has very good reliability, it will be difficult to guess. Generally speaking though, reliable engines have lower life time variation.
Everyday AMS is moving further away from the rF engine but I hope these will still work the same! :)

Hi All!

I would ask a quetion regarding lifetime.

I understands that lifetimevar is "Average lifetime of the engine in seconds. Depends on how long a race is. For highly tuned and stressed race engines, this value should usually be around 1.3-1.6x the length of races. This setting assumes that the 2 previous Lifetime variables are never far exceeded, which is why it must be higher than race lengths (if the car can finish the race under normal circumstances). This is the base engine life."

However if I set up a championship via season tool, does this "lifetime" starts with the start of the weekend (Practice, Qualifying) or just counted in Race? (Example if I set up LifetimeAvg=5000 does in this 5000 include practice and qualifying sessions as well?)

Thank you in Advance,

Philip

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%