AC F-Renault 3.5 @ Paul Ricard, Sunday October 18th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congratulations @kedy89 for the win, nice pics too! :thumbsup: @Lorenzo Bonder that was a real cracker of a combo, probably one of the best I've raced in AC.

Some incidents brought me back to the pits early, but then I had to catch up and that was still fun. The last laps led to a great battle with our new friend @prosoto, well done mate, hope you had fun! :)
I heard you were struggling with mirrors, I would definitely recommend you use the virtual mirrors by pressing F11, and also that little amazing app called Helicorsa. Don't get me wrong, you were clean and defended pretty well, but these two tips will help you have a much better spatial awareness of what's around you. Also, here is the replay of the race. ;)

See you next guys, always a pleasure.

Helicorsa was the only thing saving me from running you off the track @Chark ! I was wondering where you came from. I was running my own race in third and then just started getting a peek at something in my mirrors in the distance and thought "oh s***". That gap closed awfully quick too. I was clearly outmatched but that was the most fun I've had racing online in a long time. I kept it as clean as I could. I massacred my front tires and I couldn't move the brake bias any further back without rear locking; there was no hope in the braking. Thank you for putting up with a rookie like me.:cool:

Big thanks @Geof for sharing the setup. I shaved off a huge chunk of time with that. With some tuning of my own I think I might have been less of a chicane for the top shooters out there. No matter what I tried I couldn't cure the understeer although I imagine that is more to do with my crap driving than the car. There's so much to learn...

@kedy89 and @Tobias Röhner really made a masterclass of it too. It's a bit of a helpless feeling watching you two pull away but such is the case when you're off the pace. I must get faster with more practice. It was inspiring to now have a target to aim for. I never knew whether I was fast or slow. I now know I am decidedly average :unsure:

@Lorenzo Bonder I think it's safe to say the Formula Renault 3.5 is a winner from us.

Looking forward to what is up next! Thank you EU!

Helicorsa was the only thing saving me from running you off the track @Chark ! I was wondering where you came from. I was running my own race in third and then just started getting a peek at something in my mirrors in the distance and thought "oh s***". That gap closed awfully quick too. I was clearly outmatched but that was the most fun I've had racing online in a long time. I kept it as clean as I could. I massacred my front tires and I couldn't move the brake bias any further back without rear locking; there was no hope in the braking. Thank you for putting up with a rookie like me.:cool:

Big thanks @Geof for sharing the setup. I shaved off a huge chunk of time with that. With some tuning of my own I think I might have been less of a chicane for the top shooters out there. No matter what I tried I couldn't cure the understeer although I imagine that is more to do with my crap driving than the car. There's so much to learn...

@kedy89 and @Tobias Röhner really made a masterclass of it too. It's a bit of a helpless feeling watching you two pull away but such is the case when you're off the pace. I must get faster with more practice. It was inspiring to now have a target to aim for. I never knew whether I was fast or slow. I now know I am decidedly average :unsure:

@Lorenzo Bonder I think it's safe to say the Formula Renault 3.5 is a winner from us.

Looking forward to what is up next! Thank you EU!
Haha, thanks, but I'm only this good when it comes to fast open wheelers. Normally around 1-2 seconds off the pace of the front runners.

Grats podium :thumbsup: Btw where i've to do the replay to see it?
\Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back