F*****G Puddles!

Rally_1337

50RPM
Feb 17, 2019
Is it a bug depending on the controller type/setting or car setup? I never had the issue shown when driving trough a puddle. They just slow me down and prevent me from turning the car.

funXtar

10RPM
Nov 30, 2019
Is it a bug depending on the controller type/setting or car setup? I never had the issue shown when driving trough a puddle. They just slow me down and prevent me from turning the car.
tbh i dont know. I have only used the xbox one controller and have had issue with them since the beginning.
From what i can gather after looking at my clip quite a few times it would be more towards being buggy. The reasons are: drove through numerous puddles before the "killer". While they did affect the car, it wasnt nearly to the same degree. The particular puddle in question was just after a slight jump. The downward force of the vehicle would have been negated with an upward surge in center of gravity meaning the wheel/s would have had little resistance to a "puddle" and merely shaved the top at best. I know this is more technical but this is a sim right?
To have been spun almost 2 times is super excessive! but who am I and really dont know.
And, yes, I have tried numerous settings and while Im not an expert there has been no remedy with anything tried.
What i do know is that many people complain and like a lot of other things in the game, the developer doesnt seem to care.
Just sucks because i would like to play all types of weather not just in the weekly challenge and cant due to the "lottery" nature of every run.

Out of interest, what do you use to play? and im open to any suggestions :)

Rally_1337

50RPM
Feb 17, 2019
I play with a T 300 RS and T3PA Pro pedals with 540 degrees rotation.
For the car setup, I shorten the gearbox a lot and increase the value for the torque distribution to 60 (AWD cars) and the differential values (unless the last one for braking) also to 60. This prevents at least for me a lot cases where cars snap to extreme oversteer for no apparent reason.

funXtar

10RPM
Nov 30, 2019
I play with a T 300 RS and T3PA Pro pedals with 540 degrees rotation.
For the car setup, I shorten the gearbox a lot and increase the value for the torque distribution to 60 (AWD cars) and the differential values (unless the last one for braking) also to 60. This prevents at least for me a lot cases where cars snap to extreme oversteer for no apparent reason.
So when you hit a puddle the force feedback kicks in and give s you the ability to counter correct the steering yes?
Although the severity of the spin in my example is extreme im sure having ffb helps alot in at least having to opportunity to continue driving in "normal" puddle physics conditions. Contoller doesnt have this option....

Rally_1337

50RPM
Feb 17, 2019
The FFB effects in the game are only mediocre. When going through a puddle, they primary make steering harder so I'm prevented from steering too much.