F1 2010 F-duct supported

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
The effect of the F-Duct is "supported" i.e. the McLaren will be quick in a straight line. However you won't need to move your knee or press a button - I think they've just reduced the drag. The variable front wing is supported though.

Yea maybe but then there are only so many buttons on a controller.

EDIT: Looking at it there are a few left spare becasue you dont need H-Brake and TC (as I presume it will be set at start of game/season according to difficulty level);

controller.png

......................................../Brake

I'm not sure about F-duct, because the game will be avaliable in next month, that means the season of F1 won't be finnished and not every team have F-duct, but maybe in the end of the season they could already have, so the game wouldn't include those teams?

F-duct works quite differently on different cars so I think it wouldn't be a good idea to add it to all. Patches can do it imo if somebody will have it later.
BTW stay ready, if they'll have it, you should set it on a button in specific cars that you can only reach while driving one hand to simulate it properly! lol

It was not a modders request :) But more a concern why this vital part of the real F1 2010 season was not implemented in the game.

• LordSnowden

Well, considering that it's not meant to be any effort on the driver and can gain you upwards of 3 mph in a straight I would say it could be simulated without any interaction... you can also adjust the front wing and that makes a big difference. If the game had both it would be like a turbo... and could feel odd...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%