eyefinity

Can i use for 3 screens the following configuration.

DL-DVI / DL-DVI / and a convertercable HDMI to Display port. It is for using 3 displays.

or

DL-DVI / VGA / and convertercable HDMI to Display port.

Im asking since i cannot find a screen with a display port for an acceptable price.

i found this myself but it is for DVI,

then i have to have a active display port converter for dvi. But do i also need this for HDMI ?

using a HD 5830 form HIS

the video portion of HDMI is exactly the same as for DVI.

Looking at the video, if you get a DVI to HDMI cable to run from the mini display converter (DVI) to the monitor/tv (HDMI) you should be fine.

the video portion of HDMI is exactly the same as for DVI.

Looking at the video, if you get a DVI to HDMI cable to run from the mini display converter (DVI) to the monitor/tv (HDMI) you should be fine.

thtat it means i have to get me a active display port since i already have two dvi monitors attached to my video card.

Was hoping HDMI and display port could be attached directly with only a cable connector. That means that ATI is providing an expensive card and that you have to invest a lot more to have all the benifits from the eyefinity.

Now im goiing to look for a active display port. (meaning it use its own power supply) and look for a display. then reconsider whats cheap or most likely the one which is best for my other displays. (otherwise it will be messy with all kind of displays).

Keep you informed.

Martin,

i ordered the cable at the given link. (most cables are sold out on some shops, i wonder why)

So hope to receive it this week and then start the test. 2 screens are good but in race07 the steering wheel in cockpit view stays in the middle so with 2 screens there are the side's from the displays.

Anyway this solution saves a lot of money.

Martin you are gonna save me 60 quid if that works. I already bought the active display port in preparation for the card when I buy it(£80). All me screens have vga input and DVI. So basically just rob that dongle for 20 quid online and sale the active display port?

After some test with Race 07 i decided to change my cables.

Reason was that i got sometimes one black screen, luckely not the main screeen.

Used HDMI/DVI/and the converter to VGA.

Now im using HDMI/HDMI/ and the converter to VGA. until now no black screens yet.

After update cccleaner, it seems that windows 7 lost its configuration. So it cannot see all screens.

When unplugging and plugging in one screen everything went okay again.

Anyone have the same problems?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing