Extreme Lags, black screen - not playable [Demo]

Hello,
First of all, sorry for bad english, I'm not a native speaker.
I downloaded the Demo version of rFactor 2 and started playing it, using the Xone Controller.
Tried the Silverstone Circuit with the Red Bull Car, race with formation lap. During the formation lap and the race (no matter if I skip or not), my Frames drop dramaticaly from time to time. Normaly there are about 20 fps I think, sometimes it drops to 5-10 (no counter, I guess it's like that).
I tried with AI and without. When I race without AI, the game starts dropping the fps dramaticaly, when I'm in 6th gear. Before that it's also bad. So I changed the settings, put all into low or disabled, same thing, not better. Tried to switch sync on and off. When I put the quality up, I get blackscreen in garagemode. I can hear when the mouse goes over the buttons.

My PC: Acer Aspire V5-552G (Notebook)
AMD Quad-Core A10-5757M 3.5 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 8750M 2GB VRAM
8 GB DDR3 Memory
Win8 64-bit
1.jpg
2.jpg

So here are the settings I currently set. The computer shouldn't be too bad, it runs Skyrim on high quality with 60fps. I like the game so far. I play F1 2014 very much, but rFactor has tons of things which are better then in Codemaster's F1. I noticed this although I couldn't play it right :)

So is there a way to fix my problem?
Would be nice if sb could help me.

If you know german, please use it, so I can understand it better.

Have you checked, if your graphics drivers are up to date. Especially AMD cards had performance issues in the past with rFactor2, which got a lot better in recent versions of the driver. For me it jumped from 70FPS to around 110FPS.
The strange thing in the second screen is, that it says your graphics card has 4GB of VRAM.

I'll try an update.
Because of the 4 GB.. I'm not sure, but I think it's because of this AMD split technology, it uses a part of the RAM for VRAM. I can enable/disable it in the Catalyst Control Center. Didn't change the performance there.

First: Drivers were up to date.
Second: Turning off auto detail FPS made it even worse: I start the race and the screen freezes at the start. So I press the accellerate button, but it's frozen. A few seconds later the car is somewhere else, all AI cars are gone and the game goes smooth. Again a few seconds later, when I start driving, the screen freezes, same thing again.

I found this in my Hardware Manager: AMD Radeon HD 8650G + HD 8750M Dual Graphics; AMD Radeon HD 8750M; LogMeIn Mirror Driver

"I think the sim might be trying to run on your APU ( built in Graphics )"

Wow, is it really possible for a game like rF2 to be forced to run on the onboard video card ??!! :sick:

Do you know how I can do this?

I'm not sure plus I haven't update yet to the 930 Build, but in the rF2 launcher, try to check the video settings and see which one is set on in the video rectangle.
Because personnally I can't set rF2 to run on another card than my GTX 650.

He races with a controller among the fastest simracers. :geek:

Ah, ok maybe I can help you NightmareZZx but I just have the X360 pad (without rumble if you want to know) and if you have a compatibility issue, I won't be able to tell you what to do...
BUT if you want an appropriate controller setting, yes it would be good to share mine !

Thank you, I'll check out later.
Xone-Controller is always recognized as a X360-Controller, so I can play GTA IV or F1 2011 without any other configs, so it should work.

If it shouldn't work, for some reason, I have a X360-Controller, too :)

Last edited:
As I already said, I put everything on minimum. Didn't help. No changes in the framerate.
The list of games in this link is true for all of the games I played on my notebook (f1 2013, Mafia II, Dishonored, Crysis 3 ... )
And I had about 30 FPS in Skyrim, but there is a mod which gives Skyrim more RAM. It helped and gave me full 60 FPS. I'm running it with 4 GB out of 8.
Is there something like that for rFactor?

I have a average PC 2GB gfx 16GB Ram and a i5 processor and I cant max this bad boy out. Probably one of the hardest to get the gfx setup right, with a balance between looks and performance. But it does look good when you hit the sweet spot.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.5%