Extreme Lags, black screen - not playable [Demo]

Hello,
First of all, sorry for bad english, I'm not a native speaker.
I downloaded the Demo version of rFactor 2 and started playing it, using the Xone Controller.
Tried the Silverstone Circuit with the Red Bull Car, race with formation lap. During the formation lap and the race (no matter if I skip or not), my Frames drop dramaticaly from time to time. Normaly there are about 20 fps I think, sometimes it drops to 5-10 (no counter, I guess it's like that).
I tried with AI and without. When I race without AI, the game starts dropping the fps dramaticaly, when I'm in 6th gear. Before that it's also bad. So I changed the settings, put all into low or disabled, same thing, not better. Tried to switch sync on and off. When I put the quality up, I get blackscreen in garagemode. I can hear when the mouse goes over the buttons.

My PC: Acer Aspire V5-552G (Notebook)
AMD Quad-Core A10-5757M 3.5 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 8750M 2GB VRAM
8 GB DDR3 Memory
Win8 64-bit
1.jpg
2.jpg

So here are the settings I currently set. The computer shouldn't be too bad, it runs Skyrim on high quality with 60fps. I like the game so far. I play F1 2014 very much, but rFactor has tons of things which are better then in Codemaster's F1. I noticed this although I couldn't play it right :)

So is there a way to fix my problem?
Would be nice if sb could help me.

If you know german, please use it, so I can understand it better.

I think the game doesn't want me to play it. How is it possible, that I can't play a game, where everything is turned off, runs with 12 FPS, on a "modern" computer??

Lowest settings possible:
1.jpg 2.jpg
and 2 AI cars. Still 15 FPS at the start, 12 in the race. When everybody is away, 16 FPS.
Now the game looks ugly and still doesn't run.

So I contacted the support. Here is the answer:

"Hello Denis,

Thank you for your email. Sorry to hear you are having some issues with the Demo version of rFactor 2.

The minimum graphic card requirement for rFactor 2 is:
- nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
Please note that these are stand-alone graphics cards.

You will find further technical information here:
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2features/

With your current integrated graphics card you will need to experiment with lowering all settings as you have done, but also try setting your resolution to the lowest setting possible, disable all anti-aliasing and set "Texture Filter" to "Bilinear" as well as turning off shadows and shadow blur from inside rFactor2. Also to gain maybe a slight bit more try driving with "Steering wheel" in "Display" settings set to OFF, meaning you will not see arms/hands and a steering wheel on screen while driving. Lastly you may want to limit how many AI are on track, try with not more than 5 to start out - To set this you will need to go into "Session Settings" from the main page and set "AI Drivers" to 5 with the right and left arrows.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Christopher and the whole rF2 Team"

Did as he said. Not better.

@ John-Eric Saxén: A friend of mine bought Assetto Corsa, when it came out (Steam Version). Yesterday I asked him if I could test it. I installed it and tried. Medium settings, works fine, with 23 FPS.

So guys, thank you for your efford, I'll give it up, somehow, this game hates me. I think I'll stay with the unrealistic Codemaster games with almost no physics :)

works fine, with 23 FPS.

Wow, you're not demanding.I'm never under 50 FPS in rF2 with high graphic settings and 22 AI drivers, doesn't matter the track.I can't imagine to play such a fast sim game like that with such a low frame level...

Anyway your PC config seems to be low for rF2, which the 1st game that forced me to switch into a 64 bits OS version.

Come back with a better PC config and you will love that game :laugh:

Sure 23 is way too slow for smooth gaming. but it works way better then rfactor.

My pc config is good enough for everything else. That's the point. Every game, I installed on my pc before, was playable. Crysis 2, Far Cry 4, Evolve, AC, BF4...

So.. I'm just sitting here and playing rFactor 1, with maximum graphics and 80 FPS without VSync. Thanks for trying to help guys, I think thats it. Coming again in a few years with a gaming PC :)

Sure 23 is way too slow for smooth gaming. but it works way better then rfactor.

My pc config is good enough for everything else. That's the point. Every game, I installed on my pc before, was playable. Crysis 2, Far Cry 4, Evolve, AC, BF4...

So.. I'm just sitting here and playing rFactor 1, with maximum graphics and 80 FPS without VSync. Thanks for trying to help guys, I think thats it. Coming again in a few years with a gaming PC :)

Comparing to other games means absolutley squat, all different engines with different demands on CPU & GPU.

Of course rF1 will perform better than RF2 that goes without saying (less demands on CPU for a start), if you've tried everything - and I do mean everything! - and it still performs badly then it's your system that needs an upgrade or get a newer one, the reality of gaming!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%