Extracting mods to folder

Ok guys am new to AC modding and was told it is fairly simple to do.

Just tried to drag over a mod and it just does not show up anywhere. I was in the right areas ie steamapps content/cars etc, but if you drag the folder over it just goes into the one that was selected such as Abarth500 or something.

You can't seem to drag over like you could in RF and if I try and extract into a folder it never appears?

I am clearly doing something wrong. is there an idiots guide somewhere, the one on here in FAQ just gives the folder names etc without telling you exactly what to do.

Ok guys am new to AC modding and was told it is fairly simple to do.

Just tried to drag over a mod and it just does not show up anywhere. I was in the right areas ie steamapps content/cars etc, but if you drag the folder over it just goes into the one that was selected such as Abarth500 or something.

You can't seem to drag over like you could in RF and if I try and extract into a folder it never appears?

I am clearly doing something wrong. is there an idiots guide somewhere, the one on here in FAQ just gives the folder names etc without telling you exactly what to do.
So you are new to AC and aren't sure of how to "use mods", not that you are modding yourself, correct ;)

Anyway, it can't be easier and surely not harder than RF. But, it's all based on how the archive was created. Some are built with the complete folder structure and some are not. I never extract directly to the AC root folder as the files may not end up in the correct destination folder. I open the archive and drag and drop from the archive (ZIP/RAR/etc.) to the appropriate destination folder.

Make sure the mod isn't buried in the folder. When you unzip it, open the unzipped folder and you should see some loose files and folders. Sometimes you open the folder and find another folder, and the mod files are in there. So, right click on the folder that contains all the files/folders in it and copy it. Then go to your Steamapps/Assettocorsa folder and find the Content folder, right click on it and click Paste. That should be it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%