AC Extra Staff Member Needed

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hi guys,

Lately I am running behind on posting events for the AC Racing Club (euro zone) due to the fact I have too many other tasks here on the forum that need attention as well.

With the holiday season coming closer it would be nice if we can add an extra organiser to the racing club staff.

You:
  • Have time to setup events on the forum and server
  • Like to hang around on the forums
  • Are a team player
  • Don't have a temper
  • Got a thick skin
Is this you and you'd like to give some of your free time back to the community? Then please get in contact with us

Nice Avatar Bram :) Btw I'm from Munich and a big FC Bayern Munich fan of course, so i like Robben as well ;)

Unfortunately, having started a new business, time is not in abundance at the moment.:unsure:

However, with kids getting older (and less demanding)..........never say never.!? ;)
I would like to think, that in the future I could be able to contribute in some way.

I wouldn't have the time during the week, I'm always busy on a Friday, I'm usually free at weekends but I couldn't guarantee it. If you're really stuck for help I could offer myself as a backup, I'm usually in front of a PC for most the day so I could help putting up stuff on the forum.

If after the holidays you still need somebody I could help out, but I don't think you need it given the recent shown interest ;)

Judging (as far as i am allowed to) from your posts and your fabulous setup guide i think you would be a great enrichment for the racedepartment staff!! :thumbsup:

I wanted to say that I appreciate everything the volunteers here do to keep the site and servers running. I've heard some of the admins say, in the past, how thankless the job can feel, so - Thanks! :thumbsup:

I did also put my money where my mouth is, even though I've only been in the PS3 races lately. Looking forward to trying AC online, but waiting for my graphics upgrade to arrive so I can try to run it properly.

I'd volunteer to help out, but I'm just not experienced or knowledgeable enough to do the job right.

Maybe this will help to get some races going for you guys.:)
Remember you have to be a licensed member to race in the club.

Template for a club race
Tell the the night you want to race and ill set up the server for you
copy and paste and add the details
test it make sure you are happy with your choice and then tag me

Insert picture here

Haven't got the game yet? Buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for only 29,99 Euro

Special Notes:
  • Book your slots in time from 18:00 GMT onwards which leaves you with a 60 minute time frame to complete your booking on the server. If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 17:00 GMT so your spot can go to somebody else.
  • Passwords are sent via private message on the forums before the booking starts
Cars: Insert Car/Cars to be used
Track: Insert Track to be used

Booking: 18:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT
Race: 20:00 GMT (Insert number of laps)

Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:
click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification. Example @@RaceDepartment

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit! The more fun we make it, the more inclined people will be to join in and make the grids bigger.

Priority access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

You sign up by adding your name to the list simply "Copy and paste " and add your self to the list, if you want to sign out update the list and take your name off it.
Entry List Server
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver

On race night pm the drivers with the password and don't forget to include me so i can set up the server.

Is there a cut-off time for being added to the sign up entry list?
the very first time I tried to do my first race here on RD I made the request a bit late and the sign up was closed but if I remember correctly it was still before the 18:00 GMT booking time. Once since then RL plans dropped by the wayside and was available to race but knowing it was close to booking I did not. I have also had requests from others (during booking time) to get in the race as there were no staff members around they could not get in.
Now having said all that, could there not be a period during the booking where last minute folks can join, if at the time, lets say a set number or % of members that are on TS can agree to this late comer (as long as he has a licence) give him the PW and let him join the race? It just seems that the sign up for club racing is a bit long particularly in these early stages when we can even fill a single grid. I can understand this if we are constantly full and need to have more than one servers going.

Just some thoughts out loud

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years