AC Exos S1 @ Yas Marina Abu Dhabi - Sun 17.08.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After the server reboot I was getting a ping of 750+ and unable to get onto the server I then re started AC got a good ping but no join option

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun, after a bit messy start i chased @Fernando Deutsch then @Henri Sinik joined the game.., after a couple of nice laps, we were side by side on the straight before corner 8, then an unfortunate accident, we lost fernando..:( then a silly mistake at corner 3, i was in the middle of the track somewhere i had to find a way to get back to the track, never the less after i find my way i chased @Samuel Fuller, after some lap i can managed an overtake, but it wasnt the end because we fought almost till the end, thnaks guys it was a good race and a lot of fun!:)

Thanks for the race guys, was a awesome battle with Brad...well fighting trying to hunt him down. Car was very lively at the end, great fun to powerslide this baby!

Sorry about not letting you know about server issues Georg. You were in the game and teamspeak, we tried letting you know in there but guess you were away or not able to hear us...but when you could you had seen the issue...just in time. Resets ran great for me, sorry for Edwin not being able to join though.

Thanks again Georg, was a fantastic race for me.

Also posted my setup...not sure if i put it in the right place...if you could check please thanks!
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lotus-t125-s1-yas-marina-setup.91597/

Nice 1st AC club race for me. I had a few closer race situations with Axel and Henri. Both were a bit faster then me. Axel came from behind, was chasing me for a couple of laps and got past when I went wide in a chicane. I wonder how close it felt from Axels's view. Looking into the (virtual) mirror and using "look back" I was in doubt how close he really was (I mean if I should have been careful becaus he was close enough to make an attempt to overtake me). Henri seemd to have a little tricky car but more downforce than me (pretty interesting). Still a lot to learn for me ...

Too bad we had that contact at the end of the back straight, simple race incident. Problem was when I tried to rejoin I fall through a sink hole, it just took me and my car back home, so no need to travel with the crew :roflmao:

It was a fun and good race. These cars are hard to drive and keep on control, still we did a good job to keep it clean. Thanks to @Dennis Mitchell for the tips and the video. Appreciate you share your technique with us.

Looking up for next race. Hope we have more drivers on it.

Very poor race performance today.
Did 6h practice with this combo in AC two weeks ago and did >150 laps on this track in Cody's F1 2012.
Just did a few setup changes and inproved my PB by 1,5s.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys...had a lot of fun. Had possible 1:50s in quali but never hit a perfect lap so 4th on the grid to start. Was clean with some early moments off the line but it came single file quickly enough and off we went. Looked like I had a bit less downforce then the guys in front and it made a difference. In just a few laps I had taken the lead due to drafting down the straits. Tried to just keep it clean from there but did make a mistake half way through and spun the car in turn three. It was actually kind of odd. I was barely touching the curb and being very careful on the throttle since I was. But half way around the corner there was some little type of bump that put me around very quickly. So Dennis put in a big effort for a charge after that and he had better speed for sure. Fortunately for me, his car had gone off a bit by then and I was able come home in first. Great run Dennis. Thanks Georg letting us take part and thanks to all the guys who showed up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%