AC Exos S1 @ Mugello - Sun 21.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I have been trying to get a decent set up with hard tyres, based on this one. However, I barely make 105-110 degrees as top tyre temperature (front right doesn't even reach 95), while the suggested temperature range seems to be 110 to 135 [ref].

I tried to reduce pressure, but all I get is similar temperatures and lose of grip.

On the other hand, with mediums I get the tyres at good temperature, but after 8/10 laps or so they start dropping so I don't think I will be able to do 27 laps with them.

Any ideas/tips?

I have been trying to get a decent set up with hard tyres, based on this one. However, I barely make 105-110 degrees as top tyre temperature (front right doesn't even reach 95), while the suggested temperature range seems to be 110 to 135 [ref].

I tried to reduce pressure, but all I get is similar temperatures and lose of grip.

On the other hand, with mediums I get the tyres at good temperature, but after 8/10 laps or so they start dropping so I don't think I will be able to do 27 laps with them.

Any ideas/tips?
Don't reduce tyre pressure, increase it. You can read one of the last posts from me in the Setup guide thread.

@Kristoffer Somby
you can disagree with my suggestions about tyre pressue, but a more contructive approach is to contribute and to do some experiments yourself, and post the results in the Setup guide thread and/or do some calculations of yourself with some proper math & physics.

Last edited:

Any ideas/tips?

Reducing tyre pressure should help, but you might find more heat generation by changing toe values. A zero value gives less friction, thus lower temperatures. A negative/positive value generates friction and heat, but also lowers your top speed.
Careful though, it's very easy to make the car unstable if you overdo it.

Reducing tyre pressure should help, but you might find more heat generation by changing toe values. A zero value gives less friction, thus lower temperatures. A negative/positive value generates friction and heat, but also lowers your top speed.
Careful though, it's very easy to make the car unstable if you overdo it.
The toe values have a grave effect on handling, it is not advisable to tinker with them without exhausting suspension & damper & camber settings.

The tyre has a finite friction coefficient. if the wheel is not perfectly straight (zero toe), some of that friction budget will go into excess heat and reduces the positive, negative and lateral acceleration capabilities of the tyre, which results in less performance.

As I wrote; it's easy to overdo it, but who says it's not advisable to tinker with it?

I've had great success by testing out negative and positive toe values, and I find that I drive more often with positive/negative values than with zero values.

As for the tyre choice, I picked medium tyres and set tyre wear to x3 in the settings, after 12 laps (=36 laps) the fronts were 96% and the rears 97%. So to me it seems mediums should do fine, or doesn't this method of testing reflect the actual tyre degradation in a race ?

edit: okay tried different setups and made a huge difference, the test above was done with George's setup, which was a bit slower and harder for me to drive, but tyre wear is good. With the other setups provided in the setup-topic, only after 3 laps (=9laps) my tyres were about 95% with mediums.

Last edited:
As for the tyre choice, I picked medium tyres and set tyre wear to x3 in the settings, after 12 laps (=36 laps) the fronts were 96% and the rears 97%. So to me it seems mediums should do fine, or doesn't this method of testing reflect the actual tyre degradation in a race ?
I did 27 laps on mediums during the week. The front left just went to 96% on the last lap, the rest were all on 97.

@Kristoffer Somby
you can disagree with my suggestions about tyre pressue, but a more contructive approach is to contribute and to do some experiments yourself, and post the results in the Setup guide thread and/or do some calculations of yourself with some proper math & physics.

Did you see my advice? Around half of my time in AC I have been experimenting with 125s1 setups and I speak from this experience.
Math and physics can be easily misunderstood, as shown.

Hi there. Would you mind putting me in the reserves please? Not done any MP races with AC so not expecting much but fair racing I think I can do!

As a side/predictable/pessimistic note, does AC show people as blue in the mini map or so when they're about to lap you? ;)

Hi there. Would you mind putting me in the reserves please? Not done any MP races with AC so not expecting much but fair racing I think I can do!

As a side/predictable/pessimistic note, does AC show people as blue in the mini map or so when they're about to lap you? ;)
Nope, a blue flag system is not implemented yet.
I'll put you on reserve.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back