AC Exos S1 @ Monza - Sun 14.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Better lower your tyre pressure to get more heat into tires ;)
Lower tyre pressure reduced tyre temperature.
Changes in tyre pressure has a great effect on handling, not advisable to change it before exhausting suspension, damper or camber settings.
Also, toe can help heat the tires
And reduces overall traction for the rear and superimposes over- understeer and braking instability on the front.

I have always known that lower tire pressure increases their temperature, as there is a bigger patch on the surface and more stress on the tire. Increase tire pressure will reduce rolling resistance, providing better top speed and also reduce temperature as the contact patch is smaller, but will reduce grip by the same reason.
The toe change is a tip to increase temperature. It is mostly more used to provide stability on the rear under acceleration and on braking and initial turn in at the fronts.
The advantage of toe is that is has less impact compared to other suspension geometry settings, like spring, roll bars and camber.

Georg, are you getting those results from AC? I am curious because the above is the common rule as far as I remember on other sims.

Indeed. It will be really odd if what Georg says, is the rule in Assetto Corsa, as it describes exactly the opposite of what I have experienced thus far in other sims - both regarding tire pressures and toe.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%