AC Exos S1 @ Monza - Sun 14.09.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The 7.1 problem would explain why I was having such a problem. I'd never suffered until last night.
I use a 7.1 logitech headset when racing online and with normal gaming I use I have a full 7.1 pioneer system.
What stopped it was changing the output from 7.1 to stereo and back again.

Roll on FMod, I'd been really looking forward to last nights race and was gutted with the result.

Had a good race but was not totally happy with my car.

Did a decent qualifying and started on the top ten, considering the fast guys, as there was a 28 time that was absolutely a blast. I had a really really good start and was already 5th by the first chicane. Then I was able to gain more places and was up to 3rd until I did a mistake on the second chicane. The car was very good at the first part of the race but then I start to suffer a lot of understeer and my tires started to get slippery. I was not able to match my normal pace of 31 meds, I was doing 32 highs and even 33s!. I think I was running with very low downforce, at least that helped me to keep the cars from trying to pass me on the straights. Could have a couple of good fights and defend my position as hard and legally as I could. Still not totally satisfied with the result.

Overall good race. Clean and fair driving, at least for me. We still have issues with some lapped cars. There should be stated a better procedure on where and how to let by.

Haven't played this game a lot yet - are there blue flags when being lapped at all?
No, there's no way of knowing if the car behind is lapping you other than they appear in your rearview really quickly and are clearly faster. But at the same time that could be a fast driver that had an off and is coming back through and you're under no obligation to let them through, although fighting them is only slowing you down in the long run.

I think without flags the speed difference of the faster drivers should be enough for them to make their way past, it's only really annoying when the backmarker starts fighting back and blocking. It's even hard to make out voices on teamspeak during a race so it's going to be an issue until flag come in.

I am one of the slow guys! I did let the faster guys through by moving over on several occasions without incedent. It just so happened that I then proceeded to un-lap myself with one of them down the home straight, I mucked it up into the chicane, got tapped in the rear then I got all sorts of verbal rant after on TS. So I felt " you are damned if you don't and you are damned if you do" I actually felt quite insulted with the video posted in this thread. It just so happened to be posted just before and while I was posting my apologies for the incident.

I am actually getting a bit tiered of a few of the faster guys out there in the ”Club Races “ who feel so high and mighty racing like it is for a world championship.

Get over it! This is club racing and there are slow guys on the track trying to get better so when there is league racing they can be more skilled at it.

I for one do not particularly want to series race in a lobby with folks way above my level and as it stands now if the participant numbers stay low and there is only one lobby I will stick to club racing until there is a point where the race is split into two lobbies.

I have been taken out several times over a few races and by the same driver no less (not the driver as mentioned above) I would say a driver on a lower level than I but on all the comings together I just took it as such and went on my way, there might have been a bit of an outburst at the heat of moment but that was it tough luck for me.

I am one of the slow guys! I did let the faster guys through by moving over on several occasions without incedent. It just so happened that I then proceeded to un-lap myself with one of them down the home straight, I mucked it up into the chicane, got tapped in the rear then I got all sorts of verbal rant after on TS. So I felt " you are damned if you don't and you are damned if you do" I actually felt quite insulted with the video posted in this thread. It just so happened to be posted just before and while I was posting my apologies for the incident.

I am actually getting a bit tiered of a few of the faster guys out there in the ”Club Races “ who feel so high and mighty racing like it is for a world championship.

Get over it! This is club racing and there are slow guys on the track trying to get better so when there is league racing they can be more skilled at it.

I for one do not particularly want to series race in a lobby with folks way above my level and as it stands now if the participant numbers stay low and there is only one lobby I will stick to club racing until there is a point where the race is split into two lobbies.

I have been taken out several times over a few races and by the same driver no less (not the driver as mentioned above) I would say a driver on a lower level than I but on all the comings together I just took it as such and went on my way, there might have been a bit of an outburst at the heat of moment but that was it tough luck for me.
Hi Edwin, I understand your frustrations. Accidents and misunderstandings happen, but most of the issues shouldn't arise, if all drivers play by our lapping rules:

Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
(Source)

If drivers do not and a conversation between the involving parties can't resolve the situation, you are free to file an incident report and we will review it.
The latter is true for the incident you were involved in and I'll deal with it internally.

In general, Edwin is right in saying that our Club races are not the place to defend your position with all elbows whenever possible - remember that these are people as well, sitting in the other cars.

I'm not sure if it was a factor in some things that may have happened, but on my end Edwin was warping pretty bad (back to front) when I got around him. I made sure to give him a wide berth just so we didn't have a "netcode incident"

I usually have the track map display running during races. It is a pretty good app, but has a couple of shortcomings. There are a couple of color options for the racers around the map. Your arrow is green. People ahead of you in the standings are yellow, people behind you in the standings are brown. If a car has lapped you, that car is blue. If you glance at the map and a car with yellow arrow is approaching, they are lapping you, if it has a brown arrow, they are fighting for position.

The problems I have with the map are two-fold, the map is static, so it may be hard to find your position on the map....but occasional glances at the map (on the straights) will give you an awareness of the cars that are around you....i.e. you can tell the leaders are kinda creeping up on you. Because it has the full map and there is no zoom, if there are three cars head to tail, the arrows may overlap a bit and it is hard to tell what color the arrow of the car is behind you.

I think one of the future things they may implement is a rotating map kinda like the map that is included in the AC map app, that is zoomed in a bit. That will help a bit in separating the arrows and such, and you wouldn't have to search around the map to where your car is.

I actually felt quite insulted with the video posted in this thread. It just so happened to be posted just before and while I was posting my apologies for the incident.

My race edit was not an attempt to put anyone in a bad light, so I'm sorry if you felt it that way. My thought was to include everything that happend in the race from my POV.

After my outburst post-Mugello club race I have realized that there's no point in getting too angry and start a huge discussion about this and that, it is after all a club race.
I have no bad feelings with anyone after the few incidents or near mishaps I was involved in during this race.

I'm not sure if it was a factor in some things that may have happened, but on my end Edwin was warping pretty bad (back to front) when I got around him. I made sure to give him a wide berth just so we didn't have a "netcode incident"

I usually have the track map display running during races. It is a pretty good app, but has a couple of shortcomings. There are a couple of color options for the racers around the map. Your arrow is green. People ahead of you in the standings are yellow, people behind you in the standings are brown. If a car has lapped you, that car is blue. If you glance at the map and a car with yellow arrow is approaching, they are lapping you, if it has a brown arrow, they are fighting for position.

The problems I have with the map are two-fold, the map is static, so it may be hard to find your position on the map....but occasional glances at the map (on the straights) will give you an awareness of the cars that are around you....i.e. you can tell the leaders are kinda creeping up on you. Because it has the full map and there is no zoom, if there are three cars head to tail, the arrows may overlap a bit and it is hard to tell what color the arrow of the car is behind you.

I think one of the future things they may implement is a rotating map kinda like the map that is included in the AC map app, that is zoomed in a bit. That will help a bit in separating the arrows and such, and you wouldn't have to search around the map to where your car is.
Thanks Fred. I use the app and I am aware of lapping cars and in the most things are just fine, things happen sometimes and one mucks up occasionally and more so when skill levels are not so great. So we all have to do our best to accommodate each other more so in club racing, that's all.
Sorry Somby it wasn't your video I am referring to. No problem with you at all

Last edited:
Thanks for the video @Henri Sinik! Nice close in racing that I can only dream to achieve.

It isn't the same watching inside the cockpit via the AC replay because of filtering through netcode and stuff. Always better seeing a video from the person driving. Learned a few things from the video that I need to work on.

I need to be more aggressive with my steering. The only way I can explain it is that I tend to be too smooth on the steering, trying to feel how far the car will let me go. You seem to be more forceful with your turn in allowing the tires to work more and then adjust. Probably one of the reasons why I can't keep heat in my tires.

Need to work on my setup also, I feel the car was too low not allowing me to attack the kerbs enough. It is all a learning process :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back