Exclusive RaceDepartment Offer From Driver61 - 25% 'Pure Pace Masterclass' Discount

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Introducing the 'Sim Pure Pace MasterClass' from Driver61 - a sim racing coaching course designed to help drivers improve their virtual racing skills, now with a 25% discount for RaceDepartment Premium members. Click here here to upgrade your account.

I'm sure my fellow sim racing enthusiasts have spent more time than usual on their racing rigs in recent months, often across a variety of different sim, car and track combinations.

Just like in real world motorsport, the key fundamentals to driving quickly on the virtual circuits can be transferred from car to car (and sim to sim) - but what are the most advantageous techniques the successful drivers use to unlock performance and push beyond their personal limits?

Practice and experience help you to reach your potential. Knowing the right things to practice, and having an experienced and high quality coach guide you through the many pitfalls that can lead even the very best of us to gather bad habits, can be the key to unlocking your ultimate performance.

If you want to get quicker, learn how to drive more naturally and make permanent improvements to your driving, we have just the thing.

Thanks to our friends at Driver61, RaceDepartment Premium Members can now enjoy an amazing 25% discount on the 'Sim Pure Pace Masterclass" driving course. Over a period of 4 weeks, drivers will be put through a learning management system that combines online instruction, drills/practice exercises and four live instruction training sessions that are all specifically designed to help sim racers level up their driving skills. Suitable for people who consider themselves amateur right through to semi-professional, drivers of all ages, skills and experiences can find useful gains in pace and constancy, while embedding permanent improvements into their sim racing technique. All the details are available here.

The full course retails at $89.99, so with the RaceDepartment 25% discount the price becomes $67.49

If that sounds like something you want to do, head over to our Discounts Forum exclusive for Premium Members for how to claim your 25% discount on this excellent initiative. Once you have registered interest on the Driver61 site, using the RaceDepartment discount code, further enrollment instructions will be provided directly by the Driver61 team. Not a Premium Member yet and want to benefit from this great offer? Click here here to upgrade your account

Got a motorsport themed question or comment? Interested in learning more about the world of real and virtual motorsport? Join in with our large and knowledgeable community here at RaceDepartment, and start a thread today!

Driver 61 has a lot of good content online, I remember watching a very in depth analysis of Silverstone, corner by corner, which was really useful for me in order to improve laptimes there.

Looking forward to hearing the feedback from people who take this class :)

But to be fair, back then a few years ago, the tutorials on the Driver 61 YT channels made me a lot(!) faster, indeed, releasing some potential, always left on the table before. I was basically learning the last necessary finer points in understanding of traction circle and proper trail braking. To this point of time, the channel wasn't even featuring sim stuff.^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought something similar. :D

But to be fair, back then a few years ago, the tutorials on the Driver 61 YT channels made me a lot(!) faster, indeed, releasing some potential, always left on the table before. I was basically learning the last necessary finer points in understanding of traction circle and proper trail braking. To this point of time, the channel wasn't even featuring sim stuff.^^
Thanks! I'll check his tutorials. If they're good I might even buy the course, I'm still doing 6:38 to 6:40 on the Nordschleife with gt3 cars, maybe I can get my time to a respectable 6:30.

20% off what though? So the RD premium offer is actually 5% off then? No prices on the Driver61 website or here on RD or on the web for that matter. A stated % off a to be decided price depending on demand is no discount at all.

I've already shared my thoughts with the RD team in the premium forum so won't repeat that here.

At best these are all shameful sale tactics used to their worst - 25% off an unspecified price. Here in the UK - where Driver 61 is based (and I believe it's also EU law, sorry US etc you are on your own) - the retailer must specify the retail price, date and where the item was on sale at that price when listing the discount. They must also state if the same product has been offered for a lower price at an earlier date.

If you can find a published price at any point in time please post the link.

I'm all for people finding a way to move their business online during these difficult times but it's also important to do so responsibly. Driver61 uses several well-known influencing techniques in his video to try and convince consumers:

- He's an authority on real-world track driving. What he doesn't say - some of that translates, an awful lot doesn't, even more, is game dependent. If you want to break your real-world car (and quite possibly be banned from the circuit) simply go to the track and drive the lines many of the top times use in games.

- Implied demand for the course - except there is no price and there are no user reviews of the course (plenty of reviews for his real-world track driving courses).

- Fishing for email addresses and sign up before offering the discounts. Wouldn't it be a surprise if Driver61 price fishes with his emails, starting with a high price to see who bites and lowering the prices over time for those who don't? ;) Offering discounts and promotions is fine of course the likes of iRacing do it all the time but there we know the usual price of the subscription or content.

- Implied time pressure - creating the idea spaces are limited and that this is a price on application type level of service, which contradicts the idea of a 25% discount. Why discount if it's already so popular? This is called baiting.

I've paid for plenty of on-track tuition and a little over half of it has been useful, not one of those companies or race drivers pulled any of these sales tricks to get me to attend or pay for their product, their name, race results and reputation speaks for itself and prices were all published well in advance and could be checked with others.

Buyer beware in this case folks, he might be the greatest instructor who ever lived and if so good for him. If he is though I doubt he'd need the dubious sales tactics. Frankly, I'm not sure how he wasn't sick in his mouth saying some of the sales nonsense in the video.

I look forward to RD publishing the price and showing the genuine discount on offer.

Hi again Mark,

Just been told we can publish the price which is $89.99. We will add this to the article.

I totally understand why you were sceptical with the approach but i'm disappointed that anyone would feel we would ever look to exploit our audience. We have a bit of work to do to build up the trust it seems. We will do better in the future.

Thanks,
Steve

20% off what though? So the RD premium offer is actually 5% off then? No prices on the Driver61 website or here on RD or on the web for that matter. A stated % off a to be decided price depending on demand is no discount at all.

I've already shared my thoughts with the RD team in the premium forum so won't repeat that here.

At best these are all shameful sale tactics used to their worst - 25% off an unspecified price. Here in the UK - where Driver 61 is based (and I believe it's also EU law, sorry US etc you are on your own) - the retailer must specify the retail price, date and where the item was on sale at that price when listing the discount. They must also state if the same product has been offered for a lower price at an earlier date.

If you can find a published price at any point in time please post the link.

I'm all for people finding a way to move their business online during these difficult times but it's also important to do so responsibly. Driver61 uses several well-known influencing techniques in his video to try and convince consumers:

- He's an authority on real-world track driving. What he doesn't say - some of that translates, an awful lot doesn't, even more, is game dependent. If you want to break your real-world car (and quite possibly be banned from the circuit) simply go to the track and drive the lines many of the top times use in games.

- Implied demand for the course - except there is no price and there are no user reviews of the course (plenty of reviews for his real-world track driving courses).

- Fishing for email addresses and sign up before offering the discounts. Wouldn't it be a surprise if Driver61 price fishes with his emails, starting with a high price to see who bites and lowering the prices over time for those who don't? ;) Offering discounts and promotions is fine of course the likes of iRacing do it all the time but there we know the usual price of the subscription or content.

- Implied time pressure - creating the idea spaces are limited and that this is a price on application type level of service, which contradicts the idea of a 25% discount. Why discount if it's already so popular? This is called baiting.

I've paid for plenty of on-track tuition and a little over half of it has been useful, not one of those companies or race drivers pulled any of these sales tricks to get me to attend or pay for their product, their name, race results and reputation speaks for itself and prices were all published well in advance and could be checked with others.

Buyer beware in this case folks, he might be the greatest instructor who ever lived and if so good for him. If he is though I doubt he'd need the dubious sales tactics. Frankly, I'm not sure how he wasn't sick in his mouth saying some of the sales nonsense in the video.

I look forward to RD publishing the price and showing the genuine discount on offer.

Very true, I was trying to find a price as well and couldn't find anything other than 20% off the master plan and it does seem likey they are fishing. The same as the last session offered if you click on the program it directs you to thank you for your interest, please fill out your details and we will contact shortly.....but hurry there is limited space!

I currently already use VRS in iracing and very happy with it for $9 a month as it comes with tunes for dozens of cars, telemetry, comparison videos, software, track guides that talk about tips tricks and info regarding the tune and why they did what for XX track etc.
If I want I also have the option to pay for 1 on 1 coaching.

I would like to see driver61 create something like this, which I was hoping the direction they would take. I took part in a phone questionnaire interview a few months back with driver61 team which was looking for feedback to what simracers were looking for in a training system.

I'd like to have alot more info into what's being offered in this program, cost and what tools will I get to keep going forward other than just feedback from a driver.

Edit: price confirmed $89.

Last edited:
Just been told we can publish the price which is $89.99. We will add this to the article

Wow, for the master plan?
That's a hell of alot cheaper than the first course offered when you compare a few hrs to several hrs over a month.....kinda glad I didn't pay for the first course now lol
$89 is a very fair price imo for a month of 4 , 1 on 1 and group training sessions.

What currency? I believe they were using USD for the last session offered.

Last edited:
Wow, for the master plan?
That's a hell of alot cheaper than the first course offered when you compare a few hrs to several hrs over a month.....kinda glad I didn't pay for the first course now lol
$89 is a very fair price imo for a month of 4 , 1 on 1 and group training sessions.

What currency? I believe they were using USD for the last session offered.

Dollars will be USD.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing