F1 2017 Exclusive F1 2017 Classic Race Footage - Italian Design vs British Weather

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Classics Race 1.jpg

F1 2017 from Codemasters sees the return of classic content to the popular franchise, so what better time than to try out the mighty Ferrari F2002 at the new Silverstone Short circuit.

Without doubt the return of classic content in F1 2017 is a welcome feature for the new game, and with its mix of the best of the best from the 1980's, 90's and 2000's, Codemasters have gone to great lengths to bring to the new game something to suit most drivers tastes.

Of course with different eras come a very different driving experience, and since we like to mix things up a little here at RaceDepartment, we decided to take out on track the mighty Ferrari F2002 of Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello fame for a quick spin (hahaha that was intentional) around the new for F1 2017 Silverstone Short circuit.

Making use of the multiclass feature in the new title, our bright red Scuderia Ferrari F2002 has been pitched against an eclectic mix of Formula One cars from years past, fighting for space against the many different historic cars of the game in a 50% race distance (26 laps) event in gradually changing weather conditions.

The race session details can be seen below:

Classic Race Type: Multi Class
Practice Type: None
Qualifying: None
Formation Lap: Off
Race Starts: Manual
Race One Distance: 50% (26 Laps)
Race Two Distance: None
AI Driver Level: 90 (Master)

Flashbacks: Off
Parc Fermé Rules: On
Vehicle Damage: Simulation
Safety Car: On
Rules and Flags: On
Corner Cutting Stringency: Strict

Braking Assist: Off
Anti-Lock Brakes: Off
Traction Control: Off
Dynamic Racing Line: Off
Gearbox: Manual with Clutch
Pit Assist: Off
Pit Release Assist: Off

Quick Weather: Custom - Stage 1: Clear / Stage 2: Overcast / Stage 3: Heavy Rain
Session Start Time: Official

The full classic content list can be seen below:
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4-23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6

Formula One 2017 releases Friday August 25th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2017 Classics Race 2.jpg

If you like your Formula One games then get yourself over to the Formula One 2017 sub forum and join in the discussion! We will be having Club and League racing once the game goes live, mods, car setups, news and chat, all for you to enjoy! Join in, have fun and go discuss!

What do you think of the classic content coming to F1 2017? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Just let me choose my own goddamn camera. Just be appreciative of what we have to offer and stop complaining. :cautious:

I only asked why you couldn't use the cockpit cam man. No need to get upset. :rolleyes: You can race from Tcam view if that's your thing. If that's what you need to stop you corner cutting then so be it.

Higher views do give you an advantage with perception and thus allow easier racing. You can see further and see apex's better. Perhaps we should all use the advantageous views?;):D It is a cheat in many ways.
Funny how RD go on about not allowing driving aids for noobs but allow them to use any camera view.
And I'm not complaining so get off your high horse. I am very appreciative of what we have and have been for many many years before you got here. :cautious:

Last edited:
I'm doing a review video tomorrow and I'm going to talk about this because about 75% of the comments have been about the damn view
If you're still taking questions for when the embargo is lifted, how is the overall game performance on the PC? Did you do a benchmark test for 2017 compared to 2016? Are 2016's occasional stutters still there and is the performance still upwards of 30fps lower than 2015? Is the antialiasing still as broken as it was in 2016?

Just one question, what are the options for field of view (FOV) and seat positioning up/down, left/right, forward/back when using cockpit view? If allowed could you please take a screenshot, like you did for graphical options? Loving the coverage so far! Thanks!

Just one question, what are the options for field of view (FOV) and seat positioning up/down, left/right, forward/back when using cockpit view? If allowed could you please take a screenshot, like you did for graphical options? Loving the coverage so far! Thanks!
Given what he's said before, I see no reason why it would be too different from 2016, where you had sliders for everything.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back