Excessive rain noise at some parts of track

Hello - Im fairly new to this and also new to the modding scene however Im slowly getting to grips with it after installing a few of the favourites. Ive now mastered the introduction of weather patterns and variable rain amounts via BLM Car (thank you), however I have the following issue which is quite annoying.

When travelling around tracks, I get excessive loud rain noise at the same place on every lap, whether its light rain, drizzle or heavy rain. For example on Spa, as I approach the final chicane to the start / finish line, it activates just before on every lap and then dissapears on the hairpin just after.

Is this normal or is there a setting deep within CM I need to adjust?

Any help much appreciated

Not that I know of, pay attention if it happens at places with more sound reverb like with walls etc and if it seems to be the case you could post on the shader patch discord suggesting there might be a rain sound bug related to track reverb. Or just post there anyway to try and bring it to their attention. BTW I joined a server once with the auto rain/weather turned on and had the same kind of issue.

I dont really use it either and not sure how to share the invite thing. It isn't a great site IMO, shortly after you post your question/comment it is buried by other text. I'm guessing they are aware of the issue anyway so given time it should be fixed. It was an easy fix for me, I hadnt intended to use the rain effects so I just turned off the auto wet weather options in CM.

Well it turns out its completely normal, thanks to some feedback through Discord. Apparently it does interfere with the audio effects for the track and will get sorted very soon.

You can disable by renaming/deleting this file for a track: "assettocorsa\content\tracks\spa\data\audio_sources.ini" but I think I'll give that a miss in case I mess anything up!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%