Exception Error, please help

Hi Brendon , got a problem maybe you can solve. I was working this weekend and suddenly an error appeared on the screen and every view window appeared a red X, I had done alot of work and so I saved the file before shutting down BTB. I restarted BTB and loaded the saved project then I tried to export to rfactor and got this error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BobsBits.rFactor_GMT.CalculateOBBTerrain(Mesh Mesh, Vector3 Offset, VertexElement[] Elements)
at BobsBits.rFactor_GMT.PopulateFromTerrain(TerrainArea loTA, Vector3 Offset, String lsName)
at BobsBits.ISIEngine.rFactor_Venue.AddTerrainArea(Int32 TerrainAreaId)
at BobsBits.ISIEngine.rFactor_Venue.AddTerrain()
at BobsBits.ISIEngine.rFactor_Venue.CreateAll(Vector3 Offset, String VenueFolder, String TrackFolder)
at BobsBits.Venue.ExportForrFactor(String ExePath, String VenueFolder, String TrackFolder, String VenueName, String TrackName, Boolean OverwriteTDF, Boolean OverwriteGDB, Boolean OverwriteSCN, Boolean OverwriteAIW, Boolean OverwriteCAM)
at BobsTrackBuilder.frmExport.butrFactorExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I know that what caused the export error was saving the file after recieving the first error because when I first got the exporting Exception error I tried to retrace my steps, deleting everything I had done and exporting right after. I was at this for a couple of hours and always got the error. Phewww!. Finaly I gave up and loaded an older copy of my project and it happend again (suddenly an error message and red X on every view window.) so I saved my progress before shutting BTB down. Restarted BTB , loaded the file and exported, and got the Exception error. Thats when I realised this was causing the exporting error.

My specs

Latest version of BTB
Win XP pro SP3 32 bit
P4 2,6 Ghz
nvidia 7600 gs AGP
2000 MB ram

Project files link http://postdownload.filefront.com/13784033//c0230d39c3e31f521293f44fe9e7fe743e5746b6ec5ddfd696e7b578162baca62b30f39ed70f9006

Remove the terrain areas that do not have any faces and export again.

Somehow, I think with track anchors being collapsed, there are terrain areas that have flat faces in them. No mesh gets created and BTB fails to export them.

I'll make a change in the next release to skip them when exporting.

Hi, sorry I dont understand, can you be more specific please. I have removed everything I had done, including terrain areas and still got the error, please check the files I have uploaded. Sorry for the size.

I just updated the download link sorry if it was not available

I know you are a busy guy and I dont like to take your time away from developing this great tool, and believe me I posted this topic as a last resort. Its just dont know what else to do.:confused2:

Delete Terrain Area #354 then export will work. ;)

You have 384 Terrain Areas. For a track of this size, less than 50 would be much better. Some of them contain only one or two polygons which is a waste for in-game performance.

Starting merging those that are next to each other. Split those where the faces of the Terrain Area are not located together.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back