evoHUD+

Other evoHUD+ 1.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey there @JoeBro013 and @MANashTTU I have only ever experienced this with gidHUD. An overlay I used to use before evoHUD+

I don't think it is is the HeliMobilista plugin as when it is disabled it does not run. TO be extra extra sure you could delete the "\Automobilista\Plugins\evoHUD\widgets\heli.nut" file and then launch the game. That will completely remove the widget.

I believe it may be caused by the game running too many DirectX overlays at the same time.

The game comes with SweetFX built in, DynHud (normally disabled), Steam in-built overlay and then you add evoHUD+ on as well.

That is potentially 4 overlays!

Please try these suggestions.
  • Launch the Automobilista Configuration Utility (right click Automobilista in Steam Library) and make sure "Enable DynHUD" is NOT ticked.
  • Launch Automobilista from the stream library at least once. Some people have a shortcut to the EXE and I have seen this cause problems where (due to an update) something needs to be triggered by steam as a kind of "first run" thing
  • Disable the Steam overlay in game. Guide here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9394-yofv-0014
If that does not help then I am sorry I am out of ideas. I have never seen this with evoHUD+. I have seen it with gidHUD in the past on occasion and the above things resolved it. It seems DirectX9 (for me at least) used to struggle with more than 3 overlays running. I have SweetFX (built in from game), evoHUD+ and Steam Overlay with no problems.

If you use any TeamSpeak overlays or anything thing else to provide info in game consider turning them off.

Hope that helps.

An update is due soon as well with some new features and fixes but not for what you have reported.

I actually completely forgot to come back to you.

Now that we were chatting about the Audi it came to me.

Can you please delete your response to my review, it's the only way I can delete my review.

After checking I had downloaded the previous version a few days earlier and installed it at a later stage when your latest version was already out.

Would just like to correct my mistake as it was an error on my side.

Sure. I've deleted my response.

Currently working on a big update which will include:
  • Scaling based on user resolution and screen size (user requested)
  • All widgets can have a key bound to toggle them
  • Custom fonts can now be used (user requested)
  • Lots of smaller improvements and fixes.
Could take a while to get to point where I can release the update so don't hold your breath.

It definitely did not download anything without you knowing.

I wrote it.

Open the nut files in a txt editor and check the code before saying it downloads things.

I can only assume you got confused extracting the contents or with the other version of evoHUD.

@Nobkins
The Trackmap won't load for me.
I've installed correctly and replaced the d3d9.dll and the HUD appears, just won't load the TrackMap.
I've run DBCreator.exe from the Plugins\EvoHUD directory as specified - it asks to overwrite a file which I allow.
I've tried running DBCreator as an admin as well just in case this was needed, but no luck.

The only thing I can think of that would stop this working would be my unusual game directory.
The default the app provides is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista
However my game is at: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista
I'm assuming that as the app asks for your game directory it is using that information (Note that my directory has SteamLibrary and not Steam as part of the address).

I've copied in the evohud.db and evohud.db-journal files (in case they're of any use) here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyd8hev05yccrwj/evoHUD Trackmap problem.rar?dl=0

@GPNeville unfortunately there is a bug with DBCreator. If it encounters tracks or vehicles missing certain parameters in their config files then it fails to create the database properly. There is nothing I can do to fix it as I did not create the program. evoHUD+ is a further developed version of evoHUD.

Sorry I can not be of further help.

Bugger, oh well thanks for clarifying.
I'll try running without the trackmap, see if I can cope

You should be able to run the game's native HUD alongside evoHUD, no? I run mostly stock HUD (including trackmap) with evo+ for additional data like temps and fuel and most importantly the Heli app. The biggest advantage of something like evoHUD+ is the customisation.

Yes that is what I do in situations like this. The evoHUD+ comes with a database file for all default content so you can use evoHUD+ one for that stuff then just use the in-game one for other stuff.

If you can work out which mod is stuffing up the DBCreator then just remove it, run the creator and then put it back.

Pain in the bum to do. It is usually cars that cause the issue from my experience.

Thinking out loud. Try this:
Rename the Automobilist\GameData\Vehicles
to
VehiclesTemp

Run the DBCreator.exe

Rename VehiclesTemp back to Vehicles.

See if it works.

The DBCreator looks at cars and tracks but all evoHUD+ uses is the track info. So if it is a car causing the problem then this is a work around that is quite easy to do.

You smashed it @Nobkins - Trackmap now works! Need to keep these instructions for future in case others have the same problem.
I've been running it without the Trackmap today and using the Native HUD's Trackmap and that's also a good solution (thanks to @CMGARAGE for that tip).
I have to say I really like this HUD very much, and thanks for the support help!

Up until now I've used DynHub.
I copied the files into my root folder and now ams shows the initial @Automobilista@ small loading image then crashes to desktop.
When I remove the d3d9.dll file, its works OK again, but with no evoHud obviously. he game also reruns the config again the first time.

First of all, thank you for your great work on the evoHud+ @Nobkins.
Recently came back to AMS, and am unhappy with the "new" default hud. I did try an earlier version of evoHud in the past, but apparently missed some major updates you did in the meantime.
There are a couple of things I'd like to customize, and I had a look at the nut files of the widgets, but unfortuntately I'm not much of a programmer, so I wondered if you could help me?
I'd like to remove the icons for the Fuel and Tyre widgets. I actually was able to remove them, however the widgets didn't change their width accordingly (meaning that there still is a blank space where the icon used to be).
Furthermore, I'd like to rotate the pedal bars by 90° and make it very small. (maybe 30x100 px or so). I copied the code from the dashboard (seeing as it has a pedal bar aswell), and it kinda worked... but still had the original dimensions and the bars overlapped.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 94 13.8%