Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
kenken updated evoHUD with a new update entry:

Minor update release

This is minor update release.

Due to internal modification, you can't use \x escape sequences anymore. Please replace \x escape sequences with \u(e.g. replace \xb0 with \u00b0).

Changelog:
  • added reload script.
  • added sector time widget.
  • added timing widget(thread #8 and #11).
  • added getVectorNorm API function.
  • fixed flicker on certain track(e.g. kansai).
  • fixed no scoringInfo and vehicleInfo data at entering realtime.
  • fixed getBestLaptime CTD.
  • fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love it, can I ask you if you can implement a pitboard?
would be great to have it on side of screen before passing finish line or similar...is possible?
...sorry if I ask but for coding I am more like a dead squirrel...
I will be happy if you will evolve it in a full working hud, with trackmap, tachometer, delta bar (the actual one doesn't work and never will) etc
This will be a great addiction...
btw, how to activate standings with sectors when on pits?
Edit: nevermind I didn't updated the hud

Last edited:
kenken,
I'm still using this great HUD thanks for the updates.

I don't know if it matters, but I noticed a typo in the latest evoHUD nut file.
It's in the last section (function render), it says

local dispSize = getDiaplaySize();

Should this be Displaysize and does it matter? I have not corrected it and it all seems to display ok on my triple monitors.

Thanks again for this HUD. I'm not very good with this code but I have managed to comment out a few things so that I have only the sector timing screen in the garage, the standings if I press H, and nothing at all when I drive out of the garage. I like it simple and it's more realistic to me if it all switches off when out on track. It works really well thank you.

I do like DaveX's idea about the pit board too, if there was an option to make one appear/disappear as I pass the pits but nothing else, that would make this the perfect HUD for me.

I just have one more question. Is it possible to make the sector timings screen also switchable on/off?

It's just that if I am watching the progress of other cars while I sit in the pits, if I switch my view to another car on track, I still have the sector timings in the centre of my screen, so it would be nice to switch it off temporarily while viewing AI cars.
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm not sure how to do this myself.

I love it, can I ask you if you can implement a pitboard?
would be great to have it on side of screen before passing finish line or similar...is possible?
...sorry if I ask but for coding I am more like a dead squirrel...
I will be happy if you will evolve it in a full working hud, with trackmap, tachometer, delta bar (the actual one doesn't work and never will) etc
This will be a great addiction...
It's just prototype for pit board. There is still a lot work to do, of course.
2lcpoop.jpg

I don't have a plan for trackmap, tachometer, delta bar, personally(because I don't use them). But if there is request, I'll consider it. At this point, several fundamental issues are there.

1. Track map needs AIW file for path as far as I know, but DLC tracks don't have it.(To be more precise, it's encripted and not expose for end users)
2. Reiza has added data for internal plugin, but they doesn't open these info to the public.
3. Reiza exports data which is track distance for delta bar, but it's just odd since it's not zero clear at lap count is increased(when new lap is started).

So, currently, evoHUD can't be replacement for dynHUD because of 1 and 2. 3 becomes a problem for programming in a sense, but it won't be a problem for users.

kenken,
I'm still using this great HUD thanks for the updates.

I don't know if it matters, but I noticed a typo in the latest evoHUD nut file.
It's in the last section (function render), it says

local dispSize = getDiaplaySize();

Should this be Displaysize and does it matter? I have not corrected it and it all seems to display ok on my triple monitors.

I didn't realize this typo. Thanks for reporting. It's in DLL source code. So it's not be a problem, despite of typo.

One more thing, there is a bug in timing function. Currently, timing widget will always appear when vehicle is stopped, its position doesn't matter. To fix it, put below code at top of timing function.
Code:
    local index = getPlayerIndex();

if (index < 0 || !getVehicleInfo(index, VI_InPits)) {
        return;
    }

I just have one more question. Is it possible to make the sector timings screen also switchable on/off?

It's just that if I am watching the progress of other cars while I sit in the pits, if I switch my view to another car on track, I still have the sector timings in the centre of my screen, so it would be nice to switch it off temporarily while viewing AI cars.
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm not sure how to do this myself.
Well, put below code at the top of function.
Code:
   if (isKeyPressed(keyCode)) { // or if (isKeyPressed(keyCode) && isKeyPressed(modifier)) {
       ::bTiming = !::bTiming;
   }

if (!::bTiming) {
       return;
   }
Then, put in this code in initialize().
Code:
bTiming <- true;
Important: 'keyCode' is a just example. You have to replace it with proper key code value(See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx)

It's just prototype for pit board. There is still a lot work to do, of course.
2lcpoop.jpg

I don't have a plan for trackmap, tachometer, delta bar, personally(because I don't use them). But if there is request, I'll consider it. At this point, several fundamental issues are there.

Thanks for your reply mate!
Pit board looks awesome! Even in in early access it looks so sexy!

About request...yes there is!
I think most don't ask or use it because they don't know how to code (like me) but I can assure you that a complete HUD will be a huge success! Specially if you can switch on/off every element on screen, really I love it and I will love it more ( DynHud is a pain on the ass and looks cartonish and GID plugin is and looks dated for example and both are heavy on my system).

You accept some suggestions for graphics and position of elements too?
I said it looks awesome?

About the lack of info from the game (AIW, etc) @Renato Simioni is a so good and kind guy which maybe can help you with this :notworthy:

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply mate!
Pit board looks awesome! Even in in early access it looks so sexy!

About request...yes there is!
I think most don't ask or use it because they don't know how to code (like me) but I can assure you that a complete HUD will be a huge success! Specially if you can switch on/off every element on screen, really I love it and I will love it more ( DynHud is a pain on the ass and looks cartonish and GID plugin is and looks dated for example and both are heavy on my system).

You accept some suggestions for graphics and position of elements too?
I said it looks awesome?

About the lack of info from the game (AIW, etc) @Renato Simioni is a so good and kind guy which maybe can help you with this :notworthy:
Suggestion is always welcome.
Actually, widgets position is not optimal because I think user will place them in suitable for personal favor.
To be honest, I'm not good at art work, so assistance is welcome.
I hope Reiza open the information of those data to the public when AMS development is finished.

Have
I hope reiza would take a look at it.. truly great.
did you come here after reading the post on Reiza forum?
I am not sure but I think I saw your name there too, I am spamming this app as much as I can, lol, help me to spread it!

Last edited:
Suggestion is always welcome.
Actually, widgets position is not optimal because I think user will place them in suitable for personal favor.
To be honest, I'm not good at art work, so assistance is welcome.
I hope Reiza open the information of those data to the public when AMS development is finished.

Glad to help, expect a screen soon with some info, I am good on this (I am very passionate about game design features like accessibility, perception, etc) and will be something easy.
I will PM you about it in order to keep here clean for support.

Well, put below code at the top of function.....

You're a legend.
The fix worked, so no more timing appearing when I stop out on track (or in front of me on the starting grid lol), and I can now switch it on or off if I want too.

Thank you so much , this is a really useful addition to the game.

ok guys, here some pics. This is just an artwork/concept for kenken.
Hope @kenken likes it, I made it the most easy and clean possible :D feel free to nuke the idea if you don't like it...
EvoHUD Artwork-1.jpg
EvoHUD Artwork-2.jpg

...if you like it we should PM each other :p

Last edited:
Thanks. Great! I'm going to program.

By the way, choosing binding keys is my headache. I think I might find some solution for binding keys.

I ask for testing new beta version.

This is beta version. Please report anything odd behavior.

The brief changelog:
added dashboard widget.
added track map widget.
modified layouts and icons.
fixed bugs.

Note: track map widget doesn't work for DLC tracks since there is no AIW file.

If you want transparent background for track map, modify line 640 to
Code:
beginWindow("TrackMap", x, y, 300, 300, 0, 0, 0, 0);

Special thanks to @DaVeX↯ for suggesting and provide new icons.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lq040j8h9ucnjac/evoHUD-1.3.0-beta1.7z

beta130.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous!! In my eyes i would only change a couple of minor things like font and text size, fuel icon left corner, maintain Dave's flag widget etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back