EVO Manual ??

Warren Dawes

Premium
Is there a link anywhere to the GTR EVO Manual, for those of us who bought it through Steam?

Specifically, I'm trying to find out if there are any keys to access any information about tyre wear.

Does this help?

Q: How does the pitstops work?
A: Pitstops are reworked, you can plan strategy before the race and also make changes during the race while on track.

Q: I'm going into pits, the pitmenu pops up, what now?
A: If you had preset and are happy with the actions marked with green colour, just push the button mapped for "menu select" to confirm actions. If you didn't have preset you have to do the changes you want manually, very important is that only the actions marked with green colour will be performed.

Q: How can I know what damaged parts needs fixing?
A: The pitmenu is usefull with this too, damaged parts are marked with red colour in the pitmenu.

Q: I received stop/go penalty but fuel is running out, can the penalty be served later?
A: Yes, there is "postpone stop/go" option in the pitmenu, confirm this and you can perform normal pitstop instead of stop/go. Remember that the stop/go must be served inside 3 laps you got it, otherwise you will be black flagged.

Q: I dont have control of the car in pitlane, why is that?
A: There is autopit on/off option in main menu game settings, and in garage realism settings. This is enabled by default and its active in all the sessions including offline practice. You can disable it and have full control off the car in the pitlane.

Q: What are pitmenu presets for?
A: With presets you can decide how much fuel you want, change tires or not, fix damage or not before the race. Presets are class specified so you can use saved presets with all the cars in the same class.

Q: Why does the pitmenu have "pit in request" instead of "confirm" button when called while on track?
A: This is usefull option to give the pits a heads up you are about to come in, confirm the request and you will see "pit in" icon. Requested pitstops are also slighty faster compared to unrequested stops.

Q: Is the fuel amount chosen in preset/pitmenu added to the tank or the amount you have left in tank after the stop?
A: The amount chosen will be added to what was in tank before enterting pits.
http://www.gtr-evolution.com/support.htm

Thanks Mike, that does help a little.
Since I've raised this topic, one very specific question I am having a problem with.
I have entered my first enduro event this weekend. How do you tell what is happening with tyre wear? I know the pitboss will give a warning that tyres are getting worn, but is there any indication to advise you whether you need to change all 4 tyres or maybe just the front or back? We get the option to choose this in the pitstop menu, but how do you know which is needed?

You don't 'know' per say.

Generally if you are in an enduro event, you change all tyres. However if you are driving a FWD around LeMans for example, where the rears wear very little due to little use (with the long straights etc), youy could probably get away with changing just the fronts.

It is pretty much how you feel the car is handling.

You will feel it Warren, when the tyres start to go in the GT's its usually quite easy to tell.

One good way can be to look at the tyre temps by changing the LCD mode (spacebar at stock) and if they start to heat up more than normal they are probably getting worn, at least that's what i have found will happen.

Changing 2 tyres isn't usually worth it unless its a short race which can be won or lost on having a very short pitstop.

Heh, heh, I just proved that you are correct. As an experiment I tried changing only the fronts (it was a WTCC FWD Car ) and the result was very ugly. The tail was wagging like I have never experienced before. Won't try that again.

Its exactly the opposite if you do it with a RWD car, it just stops turning completely!

If the race is 60 mins, the tyres should be changed around half way, although they will start to go after around 20 mins. Ideally you should pit before it says your tyres are getting worn as once it says that you really don't have much grip left.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%