EVO Benchmark Competition - Win a full GTR Evolution game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
fkrxqc.jpg

And now it is time for something completely different. For the members that still not have upgraded to GTR Evolution specs, or you are a newcomer to the game and you want to win a free copy of GTR Evolution by SimBin, this is your chance.

This time it has nothing to do with hotlapping or extreme driving skills. No, this time we are going aim to hit a set benchmark.

The RD-BENCHMARKER did some laps on the server called EVO.RACEDEPARTMENT.COM yesterday and set a time. This time is the benchmark you need to approach. The member with the closest time to the benchmark (01:35.900) wins a full GTR Evolution game!

Note: if you drive faster then the benchmark time you will be disqualified from the competition :)

Requirements to participate:
  1. Download and install Steam: click here
  2. Download and install the GTR Evolution Demo: click here
  3. Become a free member of the Racing Club: click here
  4. Make an ingame profile with your real name (no nick allowed)
  5. Grab the password and go online: click here
  6. Approach the benchmark and see your time on the ranking: click here
Benchmark Times:

http://timing.racedepartment.com/demo-comp/statsGTSPORTAllLaps.php

as long as you dont drive faster then the benchmark you are not DSQ'ed at all. You can drive unlimited laps as long as you dont drive too fast :D

Scary isnt it :D

Edit: just saw your time. Sorry Kieran but that was too fast = DSQ...

Maik is leading now with a +0.001 difference to the benchmark time (sick!)

What i seriously don't get is that we have members dropping out from signups because they dont have GTR Evolution. Now it is up for grabs and we dont see them :D

I really don't understand why nobody is entering this super easy competition. We still ahve so many members with only RACE 07. Now they have the chance to win it on the most easiest way possible and we don't see them.

Hmmmm

I just gave it a go, it was actually quite a fun event and very different from the usual. I got the demo a week or so ago looking for a good PC racing sim(former GT player, still play some GT5P) and evo was definitely one of the most fun. I did several runs in offline first to see how I was doing on the track and it seemed like a 1.35 was a solid quick lap for me so I wasn't terribly worried went I went online, but there was much more pressure than I expected, I got down to a 1:36.8** and felt I could do it a little quicker but those were some scary laps, I've never tried to make sure that I don't drive too well like this before but it was a lot of fun and got my heart racing more than any other game with just one car on a track. Managed to shave a few more tenths off my time and was happy with that. Definitely an awesome challenge.

I don't know how you did it Maik, Super impressive feat! :good:

I went like this.

I was driving around on track to do some laps (slow). Then a faster lap and then my girlfriend entered the room :) She was asking what i was doing and i told here what to do. She said, that is strange, because normally you want to have the fastest time. That right i said, but now the closest time.

So i did another lap en went way to fast, then on a sure tan moment my girlfriend says' STOP!!!!!!!!! I, HUH???, She, the Finish! I, no its not that one. Its the next one.
So i stamped on the brake and directly on the gas.. and then i ran over the finish line and had this amazing time of +0,001 :D

Good story right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline