Every time I touch...

Okay, but where to enable this cookie?
That depends on the browser and what mechanism is blocking it. All browsers have settings for this. Usually under the privacy section of the options page. If they are blocked by some plugin like an ad blocker or ghostery etc then you should refer to their documentation/support channels.

Mac - High Sierra 10.13.4
Chrome - Agree to the new terms of service problem.
Safari - No problem.

I think I've solved my problem with Chrome.
Settings/Advanced/Privacy and security/Content settings/Cookies
Block third-party cookies - I changed this from off to on.

I use Vanilla Cookie Manager to delete cookies from most sites when Chrome quits, but Race Department is whitelisted,

HtYk9qy.png

The system relies on a cookie to know if you have set your consent options or not, if you have cookies disabled/blocked entirely you will see it at every page load.
My bad. I just assumed it couldn't be that, because with cookies totally blocked just about every website out there will start doing nonsense stuff like the OP reported... But 3rd-party cookies, like @Richard8746 has just found out, are a different animal. Having just watched the network requests, I can now see that our consent stuff is being handled by a 3rd party. I knew I shuda left it to Dave! ;)

My bad. I just assumed it couldn't be that, because with cookies totally blocked just about every website out there will start doing nonsense stuff like the OP reported... But 3rd-party cookies, like @Richard8746 has just found out, are a different animal. Having just watched the network requests, I can now see that our consent stuff is being handled by a 3rd party. I knew I shuda left it to Dave! ;)
The third party consents get set on a neutral domain (consensu.org operated by the AIB). That domain maintains the register of third parties so the consent box is current and the third parties can then make a request there when rendering content to get your settings from your own cookie set against the domain.

@Richard8746 forgot to add that the same neutral domain is used by most of the implementations I've seen so far around the web so whitelisting consensu.org may be enough without the need to enable all third party cookies.

I did the following:
1. Opened https://register.consensu.org/ and whitelisted it in Chrome using Vanilla Cookie Manager.
2. Disabled Block third-party cookies in Chrome.

Works great!!!!
Dave - Thanks very much for your help.

For safety - should I set Block third-party cookies to ON?

I did the following:
1. Opened https://register.consensu.org/ and whitelisted it in Chrome using Vanilla Cookie Manager.
2. Disabled Block third-party cookies in Chrome.

Works great!!!!
Dave - Thanks very much for your help.

For safety - should I set Block third-party cookies to ON?
I can't say outright either way as I have no experience with the plugin you are using. My gut feeling says it would have been blocking none whitelisted cookies including third parties anyway but I wouldn't want to be quoted on that. Probably something better brought up in whatever support channels there are for the cookie manager.

I got it worked with my ublock origin. Not the ideal solution, but it works...
That's how i fixed it as well .
Just cut down the annoying af elemets that keep popping up and call it a day .
Nowadays it's suicidal to browse through the internet without any form of adblock and a way to restrict the bs cookies .
Thankfully uBlock origin is quality and lets us block every single element individually with ease .
Meh .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 403 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 274 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 262 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.8%
  • < 5 years