Every been in a car crash?

oh boy i had a few in my life.

1. 3 months after getting my license on the firts snow of the season i rear ended a Renault encore with a plymouth stationwagon volare on an overpass of an highway at 80KPH that causes 13 cars to crash into each other and about 10 more to hit something but was able to go thru the mayhem.
  2. with my dodge dart swinger i hit a concrete block while doing drifting during winter, with the same car i also hit a stop sign (i was stone :D)
  3. then 3 months after buying my first new car, a toyota tercel 1990 i put it in a guard rail at 80KPH. i was late for work and pushing the car on a wet tarmac, coming in an interchange there was a big bump just before turning causing the rear to step out, i was able to bring it back online to step out again to the other side and i ended up front first in the guard rail. and then spinning. some minor body damages and a rear axel bend, cost 3000$ to repair but the insurance paid for it ;)
  4. i also hit a big flower pot with the same tercel, minor damage to the front bumper. i also collected a bird which took out my left mirror, i almost stopped to see if the bird was dead and if not to finish it myself :D
  5. then the dodge spirit, at 5 am during winter i tried a handbrake u-turn at the end of my street thinking no one was coming on the other street since it was a quiet neighbor to only see lights coming toward me and finally hitting me on the right side.
  6. i also got rear ended with the Spirit in heavy traffic during winter at -30, no damage to my car but the car that hit me had my hitch going thru his front bumper appearance until it reaches the real steel bumper:D
i also had a few scary moments
  1. first one with the Tercel, i was going on the highway at 130KPH on the left line when suddenly a car pulled off the right line so i had to go 2 wheels on the grass to avoid the accident.
  2. again with the Tercel, i was trying to overtake a car when i realized there wasn't enought room so i had to go completely left on the gravel to avoid the incoming car and then came back on the tarmac and finished my pasing :D
  3. that one is the scariest one and i would probably have been seriously injured if i would have hit something. on an elevated 3 lane highway on a rainy night i was going 100KPH on the fast lane when coming out of a bend there was a car stopped on the lane that i was and i had 2 eighten wheelers beside me, but they saw it coming i guess cause both of them moved as much as possible to the right leaving me just enought room to sqeeze between them and the stopped car. that with the ABS and TC save me for a certain crash cause my first reflex was to brake but the ABS kicked in preventing my wheels to lock and the TC also kicked in cause there was groove and lots of water on the tarmac all of those allowing me to be able to steer the car.

I remembered another one which happened this year. It was silly and not serious at all, but since its my dad's work car, I had my heart deep in my throat :D

In a shopping area, with a lot of snow, I was finding out the handbrake slides, how it works etc. We have bad snow tyres, so it slides easy and I just couldnt fed enough, and when I was leaving I made a slide into bad exit and ended at the wrong side of the road, but it was one course line, so I had to reverse and go back to avoid cars going towards me... But I made it in a second, to be as soon as possible outta there and had no look in the mirrors. Car behind got a bump :D Luckily, no damage, with all the snow covering the cars it didnt squeeze

1-last year i was in the car with my dad driving at &%$mph when sudenly a car apeared out of the mist (yes mist), tha twas parked quite happily in the middle of the road, we skidded off into a ditch and ended up with the rear of the car pointing skywards, so my dad said "push me out then" and me and my brother 18+16 jumped out and managed with tones of wheel spinning and smoke get the saab out of the ditch - with NO damage at all.

2- in the snow this year ended up being rear ended by a micra (Jeep this time), the micra was a complete write off, and the rear bumper on ours was completely un scathed, the guy then said sorry and we didn't need to give detail so we drove off!

Last year in April this was my accident a head on with a BMW 3 series hope this video works as its on my facebook page, if it doesnt feel free to add me to watch it.

BMW driver was estimated to be doing 100MPH/160KPH on impact while I had just hit 50MPH/80KPH he hit me driver to driver in line with each other his front right wheel was torn off and lodged inbetween the front right wheel and the chasis making my job impossible of staying on the road.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150174152234219

I had my car driver's license since December, but i have a 125cc motorcycle license for 1 year, in january 2011 i was riding my motorcycle home during nigth while raining, i was about 5 meters behind the car in front of me, about 2km from my house there is a zone with a crosswalk whithout any ligths, as the car passed in front of me passed the crosswalk a lady stepped in to the crosswalk, when i saw her i paniced and hit the front brake (lack of experience :oops: ) passed over one of the crosswalk stripes and i went down. Fortunatelly i didn't hit the lady (who didn't cared if i was hurt or not and left) and i wasn't hurt, just a bruise in my leg, the motorcycle (which was brand new, it had less than 100km) got a small scrape on the rigth side, a loose mirror (which i thigthened at home), and a desaligned direction (which was alligned for free at the dealership :) ). At the end i was happy for not having any injuries, but i was furious for the scrape on the motorcycle, the motorcycle is still with me and i ride it almost daily (i only use the car when its raining so i can prevent any rain related falls) and it still as the scrape on the side :(

Good to hear, being on a bike means no seat belts or air bags. On of my mates done a very similar thing and wasn't so lucky...

The first thing i done after i stopped was trying to get up to see i was hurt, i was lucky for not getting hurt, i fell realy close to the sidewalk, just a bit more to the rigth side of the road i'm certain i would be injured

Just a few minor ones. I was about 10 or so when someone ran into our Skoda in a crossing, he just didn't watch, looked left for the oncoming bus. Luckily 1.: we didn't get pushed in front of the bus, 2.: our car's engine didn't get any damage (rear engine, you see)
Another accident I've been in was actually a coach accident, a few months ago. In the bus stop another coach came behind and couldn't stop in time, so it's rear view mirror broke our coach's rear window. I waited one hour for a replacement bus to arrive...

Just a few minor ones. I was about 10 or so when someone ran into our Skoda in a crossing, he just didn't watch, looked left for the oncoming bus. Luckily 1.: we didn't get pushed in front of the bus, 2.: our car's engine didn't get any damage (rear engine, you see)
Another accident I've been in was actually a coach accident, a few months ago. In the bus stop another coach came behind and couldn't stop in time, so it's rear view mirror broke our coach's rear window. I waited one hour for a replacement bus to arrive...

Ah that coach accident's got nothing on mine :p Mine was a write off!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back