rF2 Eve & spark @ Longford - Thu 06Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
rf2_HistoricF3_5.png

First RF2 race, my ingame name is model_jan, for some odd reason.
Changing your name is surprisingly easy in rF2. When you open the launcher, you should see your name in the top right corner (model_jan in your case). Click on it: you'll get to a page where you can simply type your first and last names. Click on the 'save edits' and you're done! No rush of course...:D

What a nice event this was, the first race i messed up in the first corner and caused some mayhem (i'm very sorry :redface: ), the rest of the race i was trying to gain some positions in the field, and was able to avoid mistakes and be able to gain some places.
The second race was much better, i was able to surviv the first corner and during the entire race i was able to be battling with Tal, which was very nice :thumbsup:
thank you for the races and hopefully i will be able to rce again next week :thumbsup:

Great combo. Love this track, and falling in love with the rF2 historics I'd completely neglected. These F3s are just so forgiving, I lost count of the number of times I'd come up to a corner completely locked up and sideways pointing the wrong way yet still just be able to scandi-flick it into the bend. Fun stuff!

Shame Pauli started down the back, as he was clearly the fastest tonight (fastest lap in both races, fastest in practice), and once I'd gotten cleanly off the line and through the bridge without being rear ended in both races it was plain sailing, although from TS it doesn't sound like it was for everyone else :roflmao:

Hope we can get some more historic racing at these cool old tracks lined up.

Very nice close racing on a track and car combo that really invites close racing and slipstreaming. Had a few moments, one major, but nothing bad. I do appeal to people though to use your mirrors a little more when someone is alongside. I got cut off twice, both leading me to hit the guy. I cant disappear in thin air :). Also hit someone in the last corner in the first race - I do apologies for that, but I got hit in the rear under braking which caused me to loose control.
Grats to Allie, well deserved, you and Pauli had much better pace than the rest of us.

Great fun, but also somewhat frustrating at times as I think it would've been even more fun if people were a bit more patient at least during the first lap or so - it can be kinda frustrating when you're taking it slow approaching the very first corner and you're almost swept aside by two cars from behind, only to watch them making the crash under the viaduct so much worse with you now inevitably getting caught in it, despite your best intentions.
Also a bit more care could probably be taken with rejoining.

These cars were great fun during practice, but I guess throwing a pack of them together is a lot more challenging than I thought it would be.

With that being said, I apologize to anyone I crashed tonight into - sometimes I had only myself to blame, sometimes there was little I could do about it at that point. My big apologies to @TobiasR for more or less causing that crash, despite being in front of you at that point - I realized that if I took my normal line through that corner, you would inevitable end up rear-ending me, so I tried to improvize within the very narrow margin of error I had at that point, and it didn't go especially well for either of us. So again, apologies.

Thanks for the race! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years