rF2 EUROVISION SPECIAL: BTCC @ Oulton Park - Mon 08th May 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks to everyone who joined, and for the patience with setting the grids. The tyre compounds thing was a late decision on my part, but I think it worked great, adding that little bit of spice that just helped mix the speeds of everyone up again and keep the grid closer. I will definitely be using this for future BTCC events.

It was so nice to see a big grid and a good test of whether the Safety car actually works outside of Ovals in this game :roflmao:

race1 was fun after the incident with the other bmw crossing i was p7 but made it back with some good overtake/battle took p2 . race2 is where the boring started for me even if i ended p2 no battles. race3 was slightly normal after another crossing car and with no possibility to fight dont know if was the damage so another boring race . i dont care about position if i can race some1 and not doing a drift competition

Thanks for the racing, that was some good fun.
And thank you @ThreeLionz for telling me about the brake lights, I now see that I din't calibrate the brake pedal with my foot resting ever so slightly on it... so I was giving 0.5% - 1.1% brake input without noticing it. Sorry if it has thrown you off at times.:whistling:

Thanks for the racing, that was some good fun.
And thank you @ThreeLionz for telling me about the brake lights, I now see that I din't calibrate the brake pedal with my foot resting ever so slightly on it... so I was giving 0.5% - 1.1% brake input without noticing it. Sorry if it has thrown you off at times.:whistling:No worries mate
No worries mate i just kept seeing your brake lights flashing on and off i still could not catch you lol glad you found the problem Tim

Thanks to everyone who joined, and for the patience with setting the grids. The tyre compounds thing was a late decision on my part, but I think it worked great, adding that little bit of spice that just helped mix the speeds of everyone up again and keep the grid closer. I will definitely be using this for future BTCC events.

It was so nice to see a big grid and a good test of whether the Safety car actually works outside of Ovals in this game :roflmao:
It would be nice if something like the tire compound thing is communicated beforehand. Switching to hards with the BMW is very difficult without a chance to practice a bit. Hence race 2 was over for me very early and not enjoyable for me.
Apologies for my awful driving yet again. Race 1 T1 was completely my fault. Tried to leave space on the inside but car just wouldn't turn and I realized too late I wasn't going to make it.
Also sorry @eN1xes for passing with a little typ in race 3. Usually not my style but my temper was already going throught the roof :(

After the couple beers i had just now i still think i could put in a better performance than i actually did, had an absolute stinker all the way through, being partly a cause of the start crash in race 1, getting tangled up in the mess of race 2 and getting 5th by pure luck in race 3. Overall i still think these cars are great but can't wait to return to open wheelers next week xD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%