European Truck Simulator: DAF XF 105 Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 DAF Update 2.jpg

SCS Software, the developers behind popular trucking games European Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, have confirmed a substantial update to the DAF XF 105 truck already in game is due for release in the coming weeks.

The studio have revealed they are currently working on bringing new licenced content into both ETS 2 and American Truck Simulator at the moment, however while the legal details are being finalised the studio have revisited a popular model already found in game. SCS have taken the step of employing a former community modder to join the studio and help develop the DAF XF 150 update, bringing such enhancements as reworking additional textures and remodelling of parts of the truck in order to bring the former third party mod up to the studios exacting standards.

The new DAF XF 105 truck update will be made available for the forthcoming version 1.25 due for release in the near future. SCS have been busy of late bringing new content and updates to ETS2 following the announcement in June that the studio will be delaying development to the new American Truck Simulator while they work on expanding the overall scale of the current game map in ATS. While work on ATS is currently underway, the studio are finding time to lavish some attention on the slightly older European version of the game. The latest news of the DAF XF 105 update comes hot on the heels of some preview images from the studio of the new La Rochelle map update, also due to be released in the coming weeks.

Both European Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator are available to purchase for Windows PC on the Steam Network.

Check out our European Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator sub forums for news and discussion around both big riggin' titles. Have a look at the sizable mods section for ATS and join in the truckin' fun!

ETS 2 DAF Update 3.jpg ETS 2 DAF Update 4.jpg ETS 2 DAF Update.jpg

Do you like ETS 2? Which is your favourite model in game? Prefer ETS 2 to American Truck Sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
ETS2 is a fantastic game and a welcome diversion from the fast pasted racing Sims that I have...and i have often thought if they had a variation like European Car Simulator where you would be hired to pick up an exotic car and drive it to the destination for delivery as fast as possible (legally...lol)...without any damage to get maximum points, build up your business by hiring drivers etc because I really like that ETS2 etc has full use of night and day transitions, traffic to watch out for, all the cockpit functions can be mapped, high beam, low beam lights, starting up engine, window wipers and loads more just to name a few...much the same as the ETS2 in game business model but with top brand cars....only dreaming...lol

Initially enjoyed ATS and appreciated the richer environments but after a fairly short time the reduced scale of the maps (which they are fixing) started to bug me and for the last few weeks I have been back in ETS2 with Promods.

The main enhancement I would like to see in both ATS and ETS2 is proper multiplayer not just mods as now.

The modder, 50Keda, was in their studio for about two years now, as someone told me on the trucksim reddit through this blog post SCS made.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/10/hard-at-work-on-ets2-114-now.html

His DAF mod is now being integrated into vanilla content, which means more customization options for the ETS2MP players. (I don't play MP at all, but I'm sure people would love to have mods in MP).

Now I just have to hope the new updates don't break too much of the mods I have...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back