European Truck Sim 2 | V1.38 Update Preview Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software are currently busy developing a major new update for their European Truck Simulator 2 title, and with such visual improvements planned, it feels like a great time to drop some preview images!

As seems to be the standard procedure with SCS Software, this upcoming new build release is set to be packed full of new features, content and improvement to existing aspects already available within the game. As well as updating the title to build 1.38, SCS are also looking to deliver quite a bit of graphical improvement to the French city of Lille, a location that already exists within the sim, but is about to get much more detailed...

SCS Software have spent plenty of time updating the vegetation within the region, bringing it up to modern standards whilst also reworking much of the road network and junctions - to bring the area closer to its real world layout.

To get an idea of the changes that have taken place, have a look at these interesting before and after comparison shots below:

ETS 2 1.jpg
ETS 2 2.jpg
ETS 2 3.jpg
ETS 2 4.jpg

We don't yet have a release date or full details about what is expected to be included in V1.38 of ETS 2, so stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Original Source: SCS Software blog

European Truck Sim 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Keep on truckin' folks - but spare a minute to pop over to the ETS2 sub forum and get the conversation with our awesome community flowing!

Last edited:
Just my to 2 humble cents:
I drive ets2 in VR since a week now and it’s simply the best experience I ever had in PC gaming. Hands down. And I play vanilla.
I never had thought of such a relaxing experience.
The Devs are on the right path, me thinks.

...and I like Sim Racing too.;)

Just my to 2 humble cents:
I drive ets2 in VR since a week now and it’s simply the best experience I ever had in PC gaming. Hands down. And I play vanilla.
I never had thought of such a relaxing experience.
The Devs are on the right path, me thinks.

...and I like Sim Racing too.;)

You might want to look into mods eventually. There are thousends of mods available in the workshop, and the game has a mod manager included to easily activate/deactivate mods so it's quite comfortable to use them.

Dayum watched some vids of UK promods and it look so damn good. Quick question to the promods users, if I DL it I can setup a new separate profile and keep my main one for vanilla map? Or do I need two installs of the base game (if that is even possible). Also can I just install the UK map?

Dayum watched some vids of UK promods and it look so damn good. Quick question to the promods users, if I DL it I can setup a new separate profile and keep my main one for vanilla map? Or do I need two installs of the base game (if that is even possible). Also can I just install the UK map?
Same game installation, different profile. That's how I do it, as promods update takes a few days or sometimes week to follow. If you add a second profile, you can choose after game start which one to use.

Same game installation, different profile. That's how I do it, as promods update takes a few days or sometimes week to follow. If you add a second profile, you can choose after game start which one to use.
Some addition to that, if you want to do the WoT events it's always a good idea to have a profile without map mods, as the events are using external contracts which might not work with a modded map.

Thanks for the info, I thought it would be the profile route to go, be weird not having 100%!!! But It'll be good to drive around a decent UK map!!

So I guess when the main game updates and breaks Pro mods you just go to 1st profile with the base map and continue to play until pro mods updates?

does WOT deliveries work under pro mods in any shape or form (I'm guessing no)?

Sorry for more questions!

So I guess when the main game updates and breaks Pro mods you just go to 1st profile with the base map and continue to play until pro mods updates?

does WOT deliveries work under pro mods in any shape or form (I'm guessing no)?

Exactly, and as I said for the WoT events. About the WoT deliveries, most likely not. The last event had an update with road blocks and special delivery spots, these wouldn't turn up if they are in a place where promods did changes on the map. You might get lucky on the christmas delivery events, as long as you are using only unchanged roads and delivery spots, but to be honest, that would be a pain in the butt to check before starting each job.

Exactly, and as I said for the WoT events. About the WoT deliveries, most likely not. The last event had an update with road blocks and special delivery spots, these wouldn't turn up if they are in a place where promods did changes on the map. You might get lucky on the christmas delivery events, as long as you are using only unchanged roads and delivery spots, but to be honest, that would be a pain in the butt to check before starting each job.

Many thanks for the advice! Promods now installed and tested with a new profile, works great so far....I've wanted to start a new profile for a while now, promods the perfect excuse! :)

There's not much left of Europe to do now, so I'd say within 5 years at least ETS3 needs to be released. With better economy and seasonal weather top of my list.
exactly this! that would be my expectation of expanding the game, into something better.
also, it woudl be nice to meet your AI drivers that work for you, so that you could maybe do a tandem delivery

being a raicng car fan, I would alos love to be hired to driver cars cars to racetracks, or deliver cargo to ports/ railways ,to make it more beliveable

exactly this! that would be my expectation of expanding the game, into something better.
also, it woudl be nice to meet your AI drivers that work for you, so that you could maybe do a tandem delivery

being a raicng car fan, I would alos love to be hired to driver cars cars to racetracks, or deliver cargo to ports/ railways ,to make it more beliveable

yup, there was an online event that was for delivering the truck race teams and that was realy good. I've got HRC and F1 team truck liveries in my game and I deliver to Le Mans and pretend!!

Thing is, visible damage is now part of the genre. These 'old boys clubs' that try to ignore these aspects will need to adapt and change their ways..
I dont drive this but maybe the "old boys" know something you dont - that games that are updated often gets worse than the original so they are worried the old that works great gets abandoned. Having played games since games became a thing in our homes i dont know how many times a second game came out and it was much worse or had more technical capabilities but the soul and charm was gone.

I hope they can make a new updated version and keep everything that is great, but we know from experience how wrong it can go.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%