Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 Bulgaria Preview 6.jpg

SCS Software have revealed some nice new preview images from the upcoming 'Road to the Black Sea' map expansion for ETS 2..

Focussing on Bulgaria, SCS Software have diverted attention away from the hotly anticipated Washington State DLC for American Truck Simulator and gone all European, giving fans a first look at what delights Bulgaria is set to offer when it drops for the European Truck Sim 2 title later this year.

ATS 2 Bulgaria Preview 2.jpg
ETS 2 Bulgaria Preview 1.jpg

Bulgaria is a medium-sized Slavic country (110,994 square kilometers) bordered by the Black Sea to the east, and Turkey to the south. Its location at the crossroads of Europe and Asia has led it to serve as the staging ground for multiple cultural and strategic shifts over the past centuries and millennia. As the birthplace of the Cyrillic alphabet in 9th century AD, it was also part of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, and then the Soviet-led Eastern Bloc, before finally becoming an independent parliamentary republic in 1991. Relics of this amalgamation of cultures can still be seen throughout the country as you drive along its winding country roads, bustling cities, and serene coastal roads.

ETS 2 Bulgaria Preview 3.jpg
ETS 2 Bulgaria Preview 4.jpg
ETS 2 Bulgaria Preview 5.jpg

No exact release window has been communicated by SCS Software, however considering the massive size of the new map expansion, it would be fair to assume that we've still got quite a while to wait until we get our hands on this new content within ETS 2.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

It would make a lot more sense to finish what can be finished "easily" before moving further east.
You might need to explain by what you mean by "a lot more sense". I can think of two possibilities. Westerncentrism or neural divergence need to fill in the spaces. I have sympathy for both, but dont see either being relevant to SCS.

You might need to explain by what you mean by "a lot more sense". I can think of two possibilities. Westerncentrism or neural divergence need to fill in the spaces. I have sympathy for both, but dont see either being relevant to SCS.

They are one step away from having the complete (from the top of my head) Western and Central European / EU truck sim. By building the Iberian peninsula, their map expansion would be limited to one main direction: eastward.
As a matter of fact, they employ this very system with ATS: They started with California, will now have completed the West Coast states and - slowly - move towards the East Coast.

They should finally work on Spain and Portugal!
It is is high time to see Western (continental) Europe complete before moving to yet another Eastern European state.
I totally agree, also the scenery of Spain would be a nice diversion from the endless green we get elsewhere. It's why I like the desert stuff in ATS (and can't understand the complaints about it).

Mind you I'd like to see SCS push North into the snowy areas of scandinavia/etc as well.

Looks like the quality is taking another step up. :thumbsup:

Agree with others that the Iberian Peninsular should be the focus of the next update. It's conspicuous by its absence and would offer another area of varied scenery.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%