Euro Truck Simulator

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Euro Truck Simulator
Street Date: August 2008.

Excalibur Publishing Limited brings you Euro Truck Simulator from leading developer SCS Software.

From the creators of Bus Driver, Euro Truck Simulator is a truck simulation game set in continental Europe. The player can drive across a realistic depiction of Europe, visiting its beautiful cities, picking up a variety of cargo and delivering them on time!

The road network in Euro Truck Simulator is based on European roads and cities. Being set in Europe, European truck-designs feature exclusively - all trucks use highly realistic, meticulously detailed models. The truck interiors of Euro Truck Simulator are as equally impressive as the exteriors. With actual working instruments such as flashing indicators, temperature and low fuel warning lights, wipers, and naturally - a full set of gauges including speedometer - all built into the interior 3D model, Euro Truck Simulator offers a truly immersive simulation environment. The player can pan around the cabin, just as if they were actually sitting at the wheel.

Euro Truck Simulator
Release Date: August 2008
Price: £29.99​

System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements:
· Operating system Windows XP or Windows Vista
· Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
· 512 MB RAM (1 GB on Windows Vista)
· 128 MB video card: GeForce 4 (not MX!) or better, ATI Radeon 8500 or better
· DirectX 9 compatible sound card
· DirectX 9.0
· 600 MB of free hard drive space​

Recommended System Requirements:
· Processor 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
· 1 GB RAM (2 GB on Windows Vista)
· 256 MB video card: GeForce 6 or better, ATI Radeon 9800 or better​

Attachments

• ETS1.jpg
    ETS1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 917
  • ETS2.jpg
    ETS2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2,698
  • ETS3.jpg
    ETS3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Chris Noble

Hmm, Bus and Ship sim were not that great when I tried them.

Only Flight Sim and Train Sim were any good really. Although this effort does look better than Bus Sim lol.

does the game come with a truck horn also?
like Warren said...it does have that flight simulator style....but it looks ok :)
It is supposed to take on a simulator style of driving so I believe a truck horn is #1 on the list as well. I certainly look forward to it..after watching 6 hours of Ice Road Truckers, i would like to get behind the wheel of a big rig :thumb:

• shenken

So driving through europe? I guess you also need to stop by a petrol station and so and obey to street rules etc. but seems to be useful for a chill down phase :) :pound:

Do they use Navteq to reproduce Europe or is it just manual modelling of streets, alps etc.?

Excalibur Publishing has announced that Euro Truck Simulator has gone gold and will be released in the United Kingdom on August 29th. The game is set to be sold for £29.99.

• Edward Leake

How bizarre, I do hope it's actually quite good though, a break from the norm! :D

I got the demo, there is no way I'd pay 29.99 for it.

1) I turn my DFP and half way round a corner the game stops responding to my wheel = accident
2) Each town has about 5/6 roads then there's m-ways for between them.
3) Every M-Way junction is pretty much identical..

Needs more roads!

simon the game is basically about transporting cargo between Countrys so there wont be many roads in the towns to keep te file size down still it porbably takes few hours to get from one side of map to other. on 18 wheels of steel it was only transporting cargo around america and southen edge of canada which means the devs can spend more time on adding roads in citys. and they only use same type of junctions because it would take years to complete every single junction type in each country in europe.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%