Euro Truck Simulator 2: Patch Released

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Euro Truck Simulator 2: Patch Released

[youtube]

SCS Software released their long awaited 1.4 patch for Euro Truck Simulator 2 bringing tons of bug fixes and a brand new truck.

Players/Truckers can now enjoy the all new Iveco Stralis Hi-Way. Time to update your copy with the following improvements and fixes via the download link below or update your game via Steam if you are running it on Valve's platform.

VEHICLES
  • All new truck Iveco Stralis Hi-Way with tuning upgrades...

Last edited by a moderator:
I presume you should have waited for the steam update rather than the downloadable one?
If you verify the integrity of all files it should repair it back to how it was, but I would then confirm with SCS about how to do the update

Damn patch, is a pain for the modding community as no custom maps are working and several other mods have issues now as well ... needs much work for mappers to get it run again ...
Hope, the changes in the patch are really noticable.

There is config variable in console "g_pedal_clutch_range", that can tweak clutch pedal active area length. Range is 0.1 to 1.0 (default value is 1.0)

how can I go to the console?

More easier method to do this (without having it to type it in all the time): goto the folder where the game saves your profile: C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\.
Then look for a folder with a lot of number and letters. If you have several take the most recent one. In there is a file called config.cfg. Open it with notepad or something similar. Look for this string OR if it doesn't exist simply add it: uset g_pedal_clutch_range "1.0". You can also enable another new feature here. There is the possibility to hear tyre noise when you wander offf the road and you cross the white line on the side off the road. Actually pretty nice when you are used to it Look for this string or add it: uset s_rumble_enabled "1"

Also a nice addition is some ffb thru the wheel when you have the engine on, i think it wasn't there before.
If so, i never looked for it.
I must say that it adds just that little extra realism in the game, because it feels great to feel the engine rumble.

Also people can participate in the open beta now, which is patch 1.4.3.
The only downfall is that it doesn't work for steam users.

for the no intro start there is a command line for the exe file. For me (non-steam version) it looks like this: "D:\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\eurotrucks2.exe" -nointro (from the shortcut on my desktop). For the steam version you open steam, select the game and right click. go to properties and a window opens with several tabs. On the first tab there is a button marked launch options. enter the -nointro command line there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%