Euro Truck Simulator 2: Logitech G27 Gameplay Video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SCS Software published a nice article on their blog this week featuring a community made video showing ETS2 gameplay with a Logitech G27 steering wheel. In contrast to a lot of recent videos we can see the trucks being controlled by a proper steeringwheel. Obviously a must have for both sim racers and wannabee truckers.

The specifications of the test machine this footage was taken from isn't exactly impressive and certainly not up to 2012 standards but still the quality of the game looks more than okay, even on a four year old machine with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500, with 2 GB of RAM and a Nvidia GT 9600 video card.

Are you up for some trucking with this community?

[youtube]

Source: SCS Software
View the Post on the Blog

I was tempted to post about this yesterday since it looked fun...but I just couldn't. :p

Definitely something that could lead to some fun but I don't see anyone (on RD) paying much money for that. :)

You know...there is a possibility to have a very good preview of ETS2. Just look up Scania Truck Driving Simulator. It uses the same engine and features but it is focused on one model of truck. It also has a pretty decent free roaming map. I bought it a while back and despite its smaller setup it gives a very good impression of how ETS2 will be, especially when using the clutch and h-shifter. You even can download custom gearbox configs so that you will have the choice of high and low gearing. Awesome stuff!!! Check it out...

Several Truck Sims on Amazon http://goo.gl/kZnWD I very nearly bought the Scania one yesterday while looking for info on ETS2. I've just noticed UKTS which being as I'm from the UK would be good. Anybody tried Trucks & Trailers, UK Truck Simulator & The Scania one, if so is there much difference?, I was waiting to buy ETS2 but I might go for one of the others.

I see this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Excalibur-Video-games-publishing-Trailers/dp/B0051NPN0I/ref=pd_sim_vg_h__2 says it uses the ETS2 Engine.

Do the Euro ones purely cover Euro mainland or do they also cover driving to or in the UK?

Beware before you buy though. Trucks & Trailers has no free roaming. It only offers various challenges where you have to park/ manouver a trailer. As for ukts and ets1, they both use the old engine and although they are fun to play, you will have the most immersion with scania truck sim. Besides free roam there are a lot of very difficult challenges to sink your teeth in. It also has far superiour support for the most modern controllers. And although the scenery may not be the uk, there is right hand drive truck.

I tried the demo, I thought it could be fun to pretend to be a trucker.
But this game don't support multiple controller.I have a DFP wheel with not pedals, and stand alone CSR Elite pedals.
Now way to play, that's sad, I think I would have bought this game :(

Which of these simulators support separate pedals? Does anyone know? Is there maybe a way to use separate pedals with some third party utility? I would have to completely rebuild my setup to use my wheel and pedals together.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back