Euro Truck Simulator 2 Bug Reports

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
Post your bug report here for game version 1.1.1

Bugs found sofar:
  • The world/ engine needs some optimization..especially in city areas the fps drop is significant.
  • Sometimes when coming to a hard stop and having neutral gear on the truck moves backwards after coming to a stop.

am i the only entering an intersection on a green light, but still getting a ticket for running a red light? does not seem to matter city or country, i get them in Verona, Stuttgart,London, Amsterdam......everywhere.

I am having no problems with the lights (robots). Only getting fines when i cross to late.
Only real issue for me is the AI drivers pulling out in front of me. Plus getting confussed as to how it works at off ramps/on ramps onto highways. Sometimes you need to stop, other times not. Very weird, but might be how it is in Europe

Very weird, but might be how it is in Europe
Well, usually you don't stop. I never seen traffic stopping to wait to get on the highway like it happens in ETS2. Looks odd and it's wrong. It shouldn't be so hard to program the AI to nicely merge into the traffic on the highway. I can't imagine a truck waiting to get on the highway because it wouldn't stand a chance getting on once the speed has dropped off...

This is the main thing I don't really like about ETS2: how the off and on ramps are. It also happens too often that the right lane of a two lane highrway suddenly turns into a ramp off and you have to go left to drive straight on (on a one lane highway). It's little things like these that take the realism out of the game, really: I am always very aware of the fact that I am driving in a game on very small highways. I don't really understand why they didn't simply model things as they are in real life...?

I have weird fps drop issue.
allmoust all setu max i got 45 fps solid but maybe driving 2-3 minutes fps drop 15 and if i got esc to menu and back game i got again 45 fps 2-3 minutes and after that fps drop again 15 so where is problem?
game has some memory leak problem or just my computer suck :D
i have nvidia geforce 560 gpu and amd phenom 4x 3.2ghz cpu 8 gb memory
I also have FPS problems...i mostly get around 60 outside...but in the cabin its like jumping from 45-60-55-40-55...Most importantly my GPU usage never gets higher than 70-75% in the cabin and sometimes even goes to 55%..i run all Ultra on 1920x1080... on a XFX HD 6970 2GB..and an Inter i5 2500k and 8gb of RAM (the CPU usage doesnt get over 29-30%)..hope they fix this in the next patch :unsure:

one more AI issue that is really starting to bother me....is it really so hard to make a turn at a stop light? why the heck are they moving at about 2kmh when making a turn, sometimes even stopping in the middle of the turn and again causing me to get tickets or wrecked car fines?

basically, IMO, the entire AI model is buggy and needs to be redone. unbelievable how often a car passes me on the freeway, then comes to a deadstop making me either plow straight thru them, swerve to avoid and tip over, or run them over and get stuck on top of their car.

Its not really a bug, but a person would think it should be important in a truck sim.
And that is WIND that would affect the handling of the trucks. So far (even in storms) its windless. Often see trucks here being blown around on our roads. Think it would definately add a interesting dimension to the game. But i imagine it could be alot of work to get that going.

Can any of you guys get crossfire working in ets2? i know its possible, i have the newest driver(also tried some old) from ati and ets2 game version er 1.1.3. Have tried troubleshooting DX9 and OpenGL but still only one gpu also a program called radeonpro to manually force a crossfire profile but still nothing..
I have tried write to scs support 3 times now in the last 2 weeks, but i dont get any reply.

System spec
i7 950 4ghz, 6gb ram, HD6990 4gb, Win 7 64bit, res: 5760x1080
Hope someone here can help my.

Truck sometimes barrels backwards after coming to a standstill.
That happens in real life as well. Shifting of the weight due to the load. Mostly tanktrailers should have that, but hard braking with a regular load might do it as well.
am i the only entering an intersection on a green light, but still getting a ticket for running a red light? does not seem to matter city or country, i get them in Verona, Stuttgart,London, Amsterdam......everywhere.
Nope.. The reason I wanted to post here as well.
I had it while I had to stop. 2 cars in front of me, both going left. Oncoming traffic, so they both brake, and wait. I am behind them, so have to stop as well. My last rear axle was before the line, the rest crossed it already. I pressed brake, and stopped. Was completely still for a few seconds, when the lights went red again, and immidiately got a fine for crossing a red light :(

Those cars are amaizinly annoying. Really, they drive like fully loaded trucks, asif there is 1 AI profile for both full trucks, trucks without trailers, and cars. The braking is really bad, as is the time when the traffic is past, and the car waiting is to start driving again. That takes at least 6 seconds, and in that time, new traffic comes around way behind. Yet, they wait some more ;).
(have to say I have little patience in real driving as well :))

The FPS drop is REALLY annoying.
It happens very often, and i know for sure that it isn't my rig, the game probably needs some optimization.

I watch many gameplay video's at youtube and the sound is much more higher than mine, i have try everything in audio setup. I even change my set up to 2.1 because i dont think it ets2 has surround support, but no go!!!
They're probably using the sound mod? I wish the game itself could allow us to make the sound a little bit higher, but so far it seems only possible using the mod, otherwise it seems like a soundproof cabin :roflmao:

Few bugs from me:
  1. When in the tunnel at night - the view in the mirrors is dark as at night when it should be lit. (very minor one)
  2. AI - merging lanes grinds the outside lane to a halt (especially annoying when approaching the Europoort, similarly annoying in other places) - also in joining from the slip road.
  3. Signs
    • Speed signs are too small and it's often difficult to spot the restriction
    • Lane signs on the motorways - some are suggesting that two lanes are going straight where only single lane carries on resulting in rapid last minute lane changes.

ETS2 is too buggy. FPS Drop, Stupid anti alias, Stupid AI etc.
Instead trying to fix this problem, now SCS only talk about DLC & DLC and all business model that intend to rip Your money.

Hope Kuno's next title is Truck and Bus Simulator. Already lose my faith with SCS.

Been doing some driving since the latest update and have found some issues:
1) The entry into the depots feels like you hitting a sidewalk square on. Massive jolt on the cabin and possible damage to truck.
2) If i have a accident or come close to one, the cabin starts bouncing up and down from then on until my trip is either delivered or i crash again.
3) Whenever i reverse the truck wont stop. Even if my foot is on the brake and i apply the safety brake. Tried switching off the truck, yet it kept on rolling backwards. So now i dont try park the trailor anymore.

I do run some mods in game, so not sure if they could be the cause. However none of them are physics. Only sound, light and some trailors.

3) Whenever i reverse the truck wont stop. Even if my foot is on the brake and i apply the safety brake. Tried switching off the truck, yet it kept on rolling backwards. So now i dont try park the trailor anymore.
Had the same issue and was caused by the physics mod - deactivated and problem gone. The physics of the game improved IMHO (well, I never drove any lorry in my life, but now it feels much more like it).

Totally agree on the music volume...

I'm still dreaming if we'll be able to check various routes time on the GPS, rather than following 'the only way' which is the shortest (not necessary the fastest), purely for sightseeing purposes without having dilemmas whether I can make it or not.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%