Euro Grand Tourers @ Vitus Parc National - Thu 9th September

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: GTC65 European Grand Tourers
Vehicles: Austin Healey 3000 / Jaguar E-Type Coupe (#820 only) / Aston Martin DB4GT / Ferrari 250SWB / Triumph TR4 / Volvo P1800 - (Aston, Ferrari, Triumph & Volvo download here)
Track: Vitus Parc National
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You can choose any 2 cars for these races - although you must use a different car for each race.
Note3: Default skins only.
Note4: Patch for standardised TR4 Physics & Volvo P1800 Normal Class use here
Note5: Patch for Aston DB4 & Ferrari 250 Normal Class use here

vitu_lod_Vw4.jpg

That's the thing, mate - I'm not even sure that there even is an outright fastest :good:

But as I said up top, it's more of a sneaky way of introducing some new blood into the Class :wink:

Although - as I suspect the mods will get some heavy subscription, I may go with the 2 default cars, as I've been testing the mods a lot more than the default cars, and it'll keep the fields more varied

oh man that really sucks, i was really really really looking forward to this but something came up and i will be on babysitting duty this afternoon ( US time ) so i can't make it, really sorry Stu to done this to your event i really wish i could participate but if you don,t mind I,ll have sometimes to do some praccy before the kid come back from school so i would like to up in on the server and get some track time if you let me.

Well that was a short event for me:D My wheel is really weird now and I think its time to talk to Logitech.

The event was really nice though. Nice track and interesting cars. The Volvo didn't feel right to me though, but I'll have to test it more soon. Maybe it was just my wheel.

Have fun guys:good:

Well, not much luck for me tonight, i started to see huge lag and then disco from server, couldn't connect to lobby so quick restart but it was too late, shame as i really enjoyed the Jag, so much better then the Ferrari i drove in R.1. Maybe next week if i come home in time. Good racing all, i had fun in R.1.

Thx Stuart for letting me join so late and see you all hopefully next week.

Ah, I was worried we collided or something, and I didn't notice. Since last time, I'm very paranoid about lagging :eek:

Anyway, nothing interesting to report, slow in the first one, very very slow in the second one. I never could get Zolder right.

Congrats to Anders, and to whomever was leading race 1 at the end :)

After the restart in race 1, got off to a good start & settled into a nice rhythm and also managed to pick up a couple of places. Unfortunately on lap 3 or 4 got tagged by Mr T going into T1. He waited, of course but while I was trying to say thanks on TS, had to push a button, when I looked back on screen I was heading for the wall on the right of the track, race over with to much damage.

Race 2 was better & I was going to use the Ferarri but didn't like it on Zolder. I went to plan B and took the TR4, it felt a lot better & of the line got a belter, then the next lap Thommo had a bit of a tank slapper on round T2 & I thought I was going to hit him but at the last minute he veered left & off the track. Now in third I just done enough to keep Warren at a safe distance and brought it home for a step on the podium.

Thanks Thommo for all your effort tonight, shame about Vitus Park in race 1. Grts to Ralf who would have won race 1 if it had finished, also grts to Anders for winning race 2 and thanks to all the guys that showed up tonight.

Bit of a wierd mornings racing, but still had plenty of fun.
Chose the Aston for Race 1, and it was quite a handful, very heavy, poor brakes, lots of power oversteer, and slow in the turns (didn't dare feed the power too early or it would fishtail horribly), but it had lots of grunt in a straight line.
Managed a reasonable start, with everyone trying to be cautious on lap1, but coming into the tight left hander, Dariusz got his Ferrari sideways, so Senad went carefully for the outside and I went for the inside to avoid Dariusz. Unfortunately, I was T-boned mid corner and spun off. The offender charged on without waiting, not quite how we normally handle these things in the GTL Club. :mad:

This put me last, but I had some fun making my way forward again. Managed to get up to P5 and was having a nice race with Szabolcs when the Server reset itself. Bummer. :confused:

Race 2, Zolder: Chose the Volvo this time, and it was totally different to the Aston. It felt very light, nice handling, lots of grip. It took some getting used to after the lumbering Aston, as I kept pushing harder to find it's limits. Had a long race with Bob H, chasing him as hard as I could, but no way I could consider getting past. I could close under brakes, but he had a tad more grunt on the straights, so we spent many laps with me closing and Bob going away again, depending on where we were on the track. In the end, Bob slowly pulled a bigger gap, and over the closing laps I had Bob M closing rapidly. In the end, I held on for P4 with a Bob each way. :tongue:

Thanks Stu for setting this up, pity about the Server on Race 1, it was a nice track too. :wink:

If you do a little video of the incident, Warren, I'll pass it through staff for infraction voting.

Real night of "if onlys" for me.

Race 1 in the E-type, I was able to keep Ralf in sight, but after the restart I got put second to last (which is fine), but unfortunately I tapped Hutch going up the hill to T1. After waiting for him, I was last, but had a very nice drive back up to about mid field before the server reset.

Race 2 in the Healey, it felt nice, but as I was experimenting with manual clutch for the first time (Managed it OK in the E-Type, but the Healey was less accommodating), I had a big old down shift slide and spin in T2, letting everyone past. Again no problem, but now there was a bit of hubbub building up in the background at home, causing a few distractions, culminating in me having to drop off.

I'll prob revert to auto clutch for a while, and practice as much as possible offline, as it felt very good when it was working OK.

Apologies to all for the Race 1 server issue - it was fine the night before for over 2 hours practice without any issues. There seems to have been some network issues overnight, as the Formula Masters boys all got disco-ed as well.

@ Warren - to tell you the truth, it's stuff like that tempts me to think about asking for GTL Club & League races to be reclassified and not score towards any rankings points.

The rankings ethos seems to be totally at odds with the GTL Club ethos, and enjoyment seems to be the biggest casualty.

@ Warren - to tell you the truth, it's stuff like that tempts me to think about asking for GTL Club & League races to be reclassified and not score towards any rankings points.

The rankings ethos seems to be totally at odds with the GTL Club ethos, and enjoyment seems to be the biggest casualty.

the rankings just turn the club events into a big league, which is fine if thats what your after. but i totaly agree with Stu, this goes against the GTL pipe smoking slipper wearing club spirt.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back