RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Calvyn White Is there ever going to be a chance to have the Setup class again?
I know it's off topic but I'm not that great at it.
As much as I would love to. But it's just not as simple as me saying sure I'll do it. As it's not up to me. It's also a bit complicated with time zone differences. Staff to be on hand in case of server problems. And of course interest. Too many things to mention and this is not the place. But you never know maybe one day.

First of all thanks @David DeGreef for hosting an excellent combo.:thumbsup:
But unfortunately, I'm just not going to be able to make it. Well that's not strictly true I will be able to make it home in time just but only after nearly 7 hours of driving. And to be honest, the 4 second eyeblink time that I'm going to have is probably a bit slow for racing.:sleep::roflmao:
So it's probably best for all concerned that you sign me out.
Have a good clean race and most important of all have fun.:)

The one before that, which is also left-hand and uphill. The banking makes it so if you don't hit the absolute perfect line you have to back off and lose massive time.
The only thing I can suggest if you've got a button that will alter your brake bias. 2 ish clicks to the rear before approaching the corner applying the brake with a little trail braking will help the car to rotate giving you a better exit keeping closer to the curb touching the curb can also be handy for a further rotation but be careful.
You also can briefly (probably) take it to second gear it's the sudden jolt in the second that will help the car rotate. But this will depend on what car you are in. (Only with lower gear ratios cars.) Then put it straight back into 3rd gear as you hit the apex accelerate immediately.
I must admit you do get the impression that this corner is faster than it actually is. 2nd gear too short 3rd gear too long sort of thing.
Hope that helps. Have a good race.

Last edited:
The one before that, which is also left-hand and uphill. The banking makes it so if you don't hit the absolute perfect line you have to back off and lose massive time.
Calvyn covered most of the bases with his response. I’ve had the best luck through there in 3rd gear and just lugging it through. 2nd is really only if you feel you missed the apex, which will rotate it abruptly as Calvyn mentioned. I like to clip the curb, and get an early exit. Gives me a good run up the hill. This is definitely a slow in, fast out turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 209 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%