RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what can I say accept I finally kept it on the tarmac for the entire race. No one is more shocked and stunned than I.:confused:
Had a fantastic battle with @Steve Kenwood a short one but a bloody good one.:thumbsup:
Was rather disappointed to here in the end why there are such big gaps, pitstop malfunctions, god I hate those.:mad:
Well done to my fellow podium finishes and well done all.
Thanks to our host @Ross Garland. A nice combo in my opinion.:)
And a thank you to the American guys for taking part on their Saturday afternoon.:thumbsup: I hope to see you all again in the next one.

Last edited:
Man, I REALLY wanted to make this one, but since I squeezed in last Saturdays race, I was forced to skip this one. I might be on a every other race schedule with you chaps. Congrats to the podium finishers:thumbsup:

I've been REALLY enjoying these US time zone events for the last little while. My work schedule is rotational, so I've only been able to race here every other Tuesday. But sorry to say I won't make tbis event due to my Defending champions RAPTORS playing that night season opener. Enjoy the race guys! Sign ups looking good!

I love NBA and Racing... But so long as my Raps aren't playing, I'll catch highlights instead and race with you guys

GTR 4.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Wed
Cars: GTR 4
Track: Circuit Zandvoort - National

Wednesday 23/10/19
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse grid to 5 places

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. [COLOR=#b30000]Ross Garland[/COLOR] (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Bart Matyja
  3. PurgerUK
  4. Emilio Solari
  5. JBaeumle
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#5

Last edited:
That was great fun for a few laps when we were so close. I thought maybe I'd get the drop on all of you with my 2-tyre pit stop, but that bloody drive-through penalty ruined my masterplan! :p

GTO.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU/US - Sat
Cars: GTO Classics
Track: Circuit Zandvoort - GP

Saturday 26/10/19
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 15:45 EDT / 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 15:50 EDT / 19:50 UTC (80 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. [COLOR=#b30000]Ross Garland[/COLOR] (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. FeltHat
  3. sc4dr
  4. 2112
  5. Bart Matyja
  6. PurgerUK
  7. Sean Armstrong
  8. David DeGreef
  9. Vantskruv
  10. stevem
  11. emarchena
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#29

Last edited:
We're switching things up a bit in the R3E club!

Weekday events will remain region specific due to the impractical differences in timezones. However, our Saturday events will now officially be joint EU/US events! Combining our numbers for larger overall grids will result in more exciting racing and make various special event types more viable.

Looking forward to seeing you all on track! :cool:

(Expect a special EU/US forum tag to be used for these events in the near future.)

I'm going to claim the Orange #2 DeVILBISS Mercedes because it is awesomely awesome in orange and black. :ninja:

Doing some leaderboard laps this afternoon I kept knocking a hundredth or a couple thousandths off my best lap until I got it down by a couple tenths of a second. Then something in the third sector went wrong for me. I was starting to make gains in sectors one and two and even carrying those gains (up to 3-4 tenths) through the Corkscrew and turn 9 then somewhere between turns 9, 10 and 11 all the time I gained,and then some, disappeared. :mad: I started saying naughty things to my screen.:rolleyes: Time to take a break. :)

KO

I'm going to claim the Orange #2 DeVILBISS Mercedes because it is awesomely awesome in orange and black. :ninja:

Doing some leaderboard laps this afternoon I kept knocking a hundredth or a couple thousandths off my best lap until I got it down by a couple tenths of a second. Then something in the third sector went wrong for me. I was starting to make gains in sectors one and two and even carrying those gains (up to 3-4 tenths) through the Corkscrew and turn 9 then somewhere between turns 9, 10 and 11 all the time I gained,and then some, disappeared. :mad: I started saying naughty things to my screen.:rolleyes: Time to take a break. :)

KO
If I can make a suggestion which at times can be annoying I know this and so do others but hey I am trying to help. I can't help myself.
Anyway every time without fail when you beat your last time save the setup. This is so you can refer back to it if things start to go pear-shaped in your setup.
And of course, always look for an even spread of times throughout the three sectors. Where you may be fast in one or two sectors your bound to be slower in another. You may have to compromise and lose a bit of speed in a faster one you previously had added to alter your setup to gain in the slowest sector. And of course, make sure this is beneficial overall. Especially in an overtaking sector.
Also, some overlook the steering ratio and steering lock. I run a 420 ratio and 14 lock for this type of car and track combo. But this could very on your type of wheel it being round or a Formula 1 type. F1 will usually run at 360 and anything between 12 and 16 lock. For me setting this is not a question of what you like it's a question of what works. A good ratio and lock will aid in those annoying double and sometimes triple takes in turning into a corner.
Also keeping the camber low keeping the tires as flat as possible to the track aiding you in more traction in the braking zone more tyre on the surface. What you've got also find a happy medium for cornering.
And of course don't forget the preload and traction control are related finding a good balance throughout the track is difficult but if you've got buttons that you can alter the trash control on the track is extremely handy. Anything between let's say 2 and 10% difference between different corners. This could make a difference between getting out of the corner with grip or a little too much wheel spin. Now, of course, you have to set your preload so no matter what your traction is you do not get excessive wheel spin. A little wheel spin is not a bad thing it will help rotate the car a little but be mindful of tire wear and heat.

You probably already know this so feel free to ignore what I've just said. I could say more but you probably already know that as well.

In a case, you didn't know I used to be RaceDepartment raceroom setup engineer. We had classes and everything. The Setup Academy, oh yeah the good old days.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back