RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to post my setup, which is pretty stable(for me) last night, but was up late running Daytona RC with Ayrton, Cole, and BP. I will get it up later when I get home. A good one to try is Calvyns Spa setup which is posted over in the spa multi class race thread we had a few weeks back. Mine is a good bit different, but both work very well.

The problem is trying to develop a rhythm on this track. It can be done and the person who does it will win, but it may take a long time to do. On other tracks it may take an hour to develop a rhythm in which you can drive quickly but in control. This track offers very few rests and the camber changes make any rhythm very difficult.

I’ll post my hot lap with controls to show throttle inputs. A lot of areas I’m blipping throttle but keeping momentum. It is possible to get into a good rhythm once muscle memory takes over. It’s like a light switch gets turned on. Try to avoid curbs, but if you can’t, just make sure your not hammering the gas pedal when you go over it.

Reactions: BP
I should be able to make this one. I'm in, and I will be running #187

Testing at the track... Oh boy! This is going to be a tough one for me. The car is tail happy to begin with, and will spin even if I give it an ounce of directional input while braking. Seeing that Bilsterberg forces me to trail brake into a few corners, and I end up spinning like a top. I managed to get a few clean laps, but I was going incredibly slow. I know anything past the 2 minute mark is way off the pace, but that is where I am starting my practice with.

I was about to try to soften the rear, in an effort to make the car more compliant. But when I look at the tuning, I get the feeling that I'd cause more problems than I'd fix. Oh well. Here goes nothing, I hope.

Last edited:
I should be able to make this one. I'm in, and I will be running #187

Testing at the track... Oh boy! This is going to be a tough one for me. The car is tail happy to begin with, and will spin even if I give it an ounce of directional input while braking. Seeing that Bilsterberg forces me to trail brake into a few corners, and I end up spinning like a top. I managed to get a few clean laps, but I was going incredibly slow. I know anything past the 2 minute mark is way off the pace, but that is where I am starting my practice with.

I was about to try to soften the rear, in an effort to make the car more compliant. But when I look at the tuning, I get the feeling that I'd cause more problems than I'd fix. Oh well. Here goes nothing, I hope.
Wilko, it's really not a trail braking kind of combo. Try to do most of your braking while you are straight. If you need the car to rotate then stab the brake and release.

Here's the setup I like the most, and the one I've ran quickest (purely because it's the most stable through the S's).
Adjust brake bias forward until you get comfortable going into turns hot, then start moving it back to help swing around tight corners.

Attachments

• PORSCHE 911 GT3 CUP 3LB 2.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I am far from the quickest, and hesitate to give advice, however I have found with this car and in particular at this track, a slight throttle or slight brake thru the turns keeps the car feeling planted as the slightest abrupt lift off of either upsets the balance. With the off camber and elevation this combo may be our most challenging combo to date, and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%