RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well put @2112, I won't get into what one decides as being acceptable contact other than that if the intent is deliberate to upset the balance of the 'opponents' car that results in the driver having to lift or make a correction and the goal of contact is to gain an advantage is not something I support.
BTW thanks for correcting my spin :)

If I may I would like to respond to this. I did not respond when I first read it because I wanted to make sure of what I was going to say.

I agree that bumping can go a bit far. We all know, or should know, the rules of etiquette when racing:

Respect the line,
Respect others lines,
Keep contact to a minimum,
etc...

Simply: Do not do anything stupid or anything stupid that you would get upset if one did it to you.

That being said I notice that there is a bit more bumping and grinding, a bit more or aggressive protection of a position, in this group than I am used to.

Do I object to it? No. I do not object to it because I have seen all of you race and know that as a group we are very good racers. I do not stress when I get bumped as I have bumped others in the same way. We had a lot of contact last night. Partly due to the track, partly due to the car.

The track requires close racing as the following car must stay close to take advantage of a mistake to make a pass quickly, otherwise that door closes very fast. I saw this multiple times last night in which it looked like I had an opening and it shut almost immediately, forcing me to check up or forcing contact.

The close racing required, with the short time to take advantage of a situation also leads to problems such as I had: I bumped a few because I had to follow close, ( to take advantage of any small mistake) and they braked where I did not brake.

I am not saying you are wrong to be upset about what happened. I was too far back to see the incident except for the aftermath. It is not up to me to decide whether you are right or wrong.

All I ask is that we all keep in mind that this is the best, most thoughtful group of people I have raced with and the rubbing we do it not because we are not conscientious, nor do we ignore the rules, we are competing hard and pooh is going to happen.

I do like that many of us, if not all, are not averse to a bit of contact. I have been taken out of position by others during our races, but I also hold no grudges because I know as close as we race I will end up hitting someone else.

I do not know if the above will make a difference to you but I do not think anyone wants to see (as Bock said last night) "Papa Bear" mad at the kids.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I Love you guys! Haha

Reactions: DND
Wasted $2.30 or so on this mod...FR2 should be super fun, but its ruined! These cars have a fantastic amount of downforce and should be glued to the race track, but there not! The tires are the issue, there way, way too hard! The car is sliding around every slow to medium speed corner turning them into sprint cars on a dirt track on Saturday night at Ascot Park. I don't understand the thinking behind this philosophy of trying to get all the cars equalized by forcing them all to use the same hard (like old skateboard wheels made from clay:mad:)?
I remember the 70's when in F1 they had free choice on tires, body style, engines, aero etc...Those were the good old days. So to revisit them I just bought a PS4 Pro and PC 2 and will download the Spirit of Le Mans DLC as well as others and I'm going back to the old days....(simulated of course:p).

In.
69Greenwood.jpg

Wasted $2.30 or so on this mod...FR2 should be super fun, but its ruined! These cars have a fantastic amount of downforce and should be glued to the race track, but there not! The tires are the issue, there way, way too hard! The car is sliding around every slow to medium speed corner turning them into sprint cars on a dirt track on Saturday night at Ascot Park. I don't understand the thinking behind this philosophy of trying to get all the cars equalized by forcing them all to use the same hard (like old skateboard wheels made from clay:mad:)?
I remember the 70's when in F1 they had free choice on tires, body style, engines, aero etc...Those were the good old days. So to revisit them I just bought a PS4 Pro and PC 2 and will download the Spirit of Le Mans DLC as well as others and I'm going back to the old days....(simulated of course:p).
So we can count on you joining us on Tuesday?

Apologies but sign me out please, the excitement of G5 at Laguna Seca overrode the planning part of my brain that shoould have told me I’ll be on a motorway at that time

Number 14 please. I believe I don't rate the black car yet. Black flags, of course but Black FR2... It's a stretch.

I will be there. No switching this week, and my days off are now Wednesday and Thursday. So no excuses outta me!

Oh man this is going to be tough. I am not the strongest modern open wheel driver out there, and that is because I just can't seem to jive with the cars. But that is not to say I am not going to give it my best effort. I just got to learn how to run these things without max downforce.

(So much for excuses, huh? LOL)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%