RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed with the direction this is taking with the contact as being acceptable. I apologize for my action for being pissed.

I want to apologize for my part in causing that crash David. I should have spoken up sooner to let you know I had gone wide and was on your left. I feel terrible for ruining your race.

Also I agree about the contact. Part of what makes this community so great is that generally the racing is very clean.

I would like everyone to remember to respect racing space. That goes for attacking, defending as well as lapped drivers giving way to the leaders. I apologize not only to @Sean Armstrong as well as all in the club as my reaction was not acceptable.
It's club racing. lets keep it among gentlemen.

Really disappointed with the direction this is taking with the contact as being acceptable. I apologize for my action for being pissed.
I'm not disputing you because I was a guilty party in some questionable incidents. But I do believe this track brought out the stock car driver in all of us. It was a blast.

Keep em coming Daddio, we promise we'll behave!

If I may I would like to respond to this. I did not respond when I first read it because I wanted to make sure of what I was going to say.

I agree that bumping can go a bit far. We all know, or should know, the rules of etiquette when racing:

Respect the line,
Respect others lines,
Keep contact to a minimum,
etc...

Simply: Do not do anything stupid or anything stupid that you would get upset if one did it to you.

That being said I notice that there is a bit more bumping and grinding, a bit more or aggressive protection of a position, in this group than I am used to.

Do I object to it? No. I do not object to it because I have seen all of you race and know that as a group we are very good racers. I do not stress when I get bumped as I have bumped others in the same way. We had a lot of contact last night. Partly due to the track, partly due to the car.

The track requires close racing as the following car must stay close to take advantage of a mistake to make a pass quickly, otherwise that door closes very fast. I saw this multiple times last night in which it looked like I had an opening and it shut almost immediately, forcing me to check up or forcing contact.

The close racing required, with the short time to take advantage of a situation also leads to problems such as I had: I bumped a few because I had to follow close, ( to take advantage of any small mistake) and they braked where I did not brake.

I am not saying you are wrong to be upset about what happened. I was too far back to see the incident except for the aftermath. It is not up to me to decide whether you are right or wrong.

All I ask is that we all keep in mind that this is the best, most thoughtful group of people I have raced with and the rubbing we do it not because we are not conscientious, nor do we ignore the rules, we are competing hard and pooh is going to happen.

I do like that many of us, if not all, are not averse to a bit of contact. I have been taken out of position by others during our races, but I also hold no grudges because I know as close as we race I will end up hitting someone else.

I do not know if the above will make a difference to you but I do not think anyone wants to see (as Bock said last night) "Papa Bear" mad at the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%