GT5 [EU] GT Academy Announced

It's worth registering and putting in a couple of laps, even if you have no chance of winning. You'll be given a free car for your efforts. It's a Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)... essentially a GT-R in the GT5 'Stealth Edition' livery.

After two laps, I placed 235th in the UK. Yes!

Yea, got my GT-R, I'm 68th atm :D or atleast was 15 mins ago! lol

[edit] Heres the New GT-R Academy Special for anyone who cares:

AhrweilerGate_31.jpg

AhrweilerGate_37.jpg

Fully Tuned it's a bit of a Beast!:

TrialMountainCircuit_31.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_26.jpg

Its a tough competition, i was in the top 20 for UK for a bit then dropped way down, its looking like the top 20 in each region times will be slipping into the 2.17 area, i know i can't do that without spending my life on the game so i'l probably not bother with this competition, i might find some time to play as i think its perfectly possible to go under 2.19, its just finding time after that is where its difficult, thats when you need to start finding time in naughty ways, like cutting the grass or freak luck.

The car control of the guys at the top really is off-the-chart. I just don't know how they get on the power so early, or how they get their direction change without losing momentum in a drift. They're into the 1:16's now, 3 seconds faster than my perfect lap. There's no "one corner" where they're taking that time either. It's just a tenth here, a tenth there. Perfection. Is anyone here still having a real go at this?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%