ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Map Expansion Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 2.jpg

ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 1.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 3.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 4.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 5.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 6.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 7.jpg
Check out the latest landmark previews from the upcoming 'Beyond the Baltic Sea' map expansion for European Truck Simulator 2...

It has been a while since we last wrote of news from European Truck Simulator 2, and like the old saying goes, "good things come to he who waits" - so wait no longer! Check out these lovely preview images from the upcoming 'Beyond the Baltic Sea' DLC map expansion set to arrive for European Truck Sim 2 in the coming weeks.

As usual SCS Software appear to have been hard at work capturing the fine detail and character of the regions they are adding to their impressive simulation, and this new DLC appears to be no different to that trend. Of course the sim is limited in terms of the size available in which to create these expansions, and as such SCS have the difficult task of choosing what landmarks and character defining features of each new city / region should be incorporated into the world map, something that the studio are at pains to make sure has been done sufficiently to provide the appropriate "feel" of each location:

"It is not easy to decide on the list of landmarks; of out maybe tens of thousands of potentially recognizable locations along the planned routes, we have the list pruned to a couple of hundred during the research stage, and then down to a manageable level as the final locations are decided upon. Each such model represents day or sometimes weeks of work, so we need to use them carefully to spice up the game world without overloading the art team".
So far, so good I say!

ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 8.jpg
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 9.jpg
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Expansion 10.jpg

European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim are both available exclusive to PC on the Steam network now.

If long and short distance hauling of varied cargo is your cup of tea, or if you are curious as to what the fuss is all about, then why not have a poke around in our ETS 2 and ATS sub forums to see if anything strikes your fancy? Oh and we host mods too...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the next ETS 2 DLC? Do you still enjoy the game? What is your favourite city / region of ETS2? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
ETS2 is a funny game - on paper it's a total garbage - DirectX9, terrible physics, stuttering, older parts of the map are looking like from previous century, but as soon as you indulge yourself in the game it just doesn't matter - it's still a source of pure relaxation. Amazing and glad it's still being developed and expanded. Keep it up SCS!

I mean - not all of them...Still disagree? And I'm pretty sure, if SCS do not Map DLC ProMods don't need it. You must have some DLC only because road connection nothing more.

It's clearly stated on Promods their site that you need the Map DLC's to make the mod work, but ok you obviously think that's wrong just by saying it's wrong. Promods is a total overhaul of the map using new assets from the more recent DLC's and isn't just about "road connection".

I question the fact if you even know what the mod is and if you have ever used it.

Anyway...

It's clearly stated on Promods their site that you need the Map DLC's to make the mod work, but ok you obviously think that's wrong just by saying it's wrong. Promods is a total overhaul of the map using new assets from the more recent DLC's and isn't just about "road connection".

I question the fact if you even know what the mod is and if you have ever used it.

Anyway...
No, I dont...But possibly I use PM mod before any DLC came. More - I think PM guys are the same who made one big map for ETS (not ETS2) but ok, You know better, even when You can't read what other means...

You still don't understand. Ther was no DLC and PorMods map was in ETS, than after rework was ProMods without DLC's, So what i mean (im sure) if guys from pro Mods want, the dont need any DLC...You are too dump to understand so simply words? or what?

Mostly from people who misread the simulation of spending hours behind a wheel to get somewhere and find it boring imo.

I don't know about that, these guys online that have convoys look pretty trick if you ask me. Nice to hear all the radio chatter :thumbsup:

P.S. You need to be willing to submerse yourself into the world and character, no matter what the genre of game you will get more from it.
Spending long hours behind wheels is what they do ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%