ETS2: Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have released the new European Truck Sim 2 DLC ‘Beyond the Baltic Sea’.

One of the most significant map expansion DLC packs for European Truck Simulator 2 since the title launch back in 2012, the ‘Beyond the Baltic Sea’ DLC adds no less than 13 thousand kilmometers of new road structures to the simulation, taking in 24 major cities and numerous small towns across Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, parts of western Russia, and the south of Finland.

As with any new DLC release for either ETS2 or sister title American Truck Simulator, the developers have also deployed a new build update to the software, adding compatible features to the title that will be required in order to take advantage of the latest DLC offering from the team. You can check out the patch note details below:

ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 2.jpg

CHANGELOG:
  • Buyable HCT (High Capacity Transport) double trailers (Finland only, Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC required)
  • Buyable double flatbed trailers (Scandinavia DLC required)
  • Buyable container and brick trailers (flatbed variants) and cargo market
  • Buyable Krone Boxliner (Krone DLC required)
  • Steam cloud based profiles
  • Reusable truck and trailer configuration templates
  • Physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, COGs)
  • Rain drops behavior on glass improved
  • Music shuffling
  • Country and city name localization settings
  • g_disable_beacons (0/ 1/ 2) - for people having issues with blinking lights
  • Two new port cities added - Kapellskär in Sweden and Travemünde in Germany
  • various customization options
MOD ALERT:
Due to the number of changes, most mods will need some work to catch up!

ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 1.jpg

The new DLC pack is available to purchase now on Steam, and retails for around £13.49 GBP.

Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Key Features:
  • Over 13 thousand kilometers of new in-game roads
  • Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia to explore
  • Southern Finland containing major cities and industry
  • Russian territory including Saint Petersburg and Kaliningrad
  • 24 new major cities and many smaller towns
  • Characteristic Baltic architecture
  • Famous landmarks and recognizable places
  • Brand new unique 3D-assets
  • Lush climate accordant vegetation
  • Local AI trains, trams, and traffic cars
  • Over 30 new local company docks and industries
  • Finland-only High Capacity Transport (a tractor and two long trailers)
  • Baltic-region achievements to unlock
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea 3.jpg

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looks very good, but their DLCs are a bit expensive. I picked up a bunch of new maps (Italy, France, etc.) during the Steam Black Friday sale last weekend. I'll probably wait for a Boxing Day sale to get this new one. (I wish they would do Spain and Portugal...)

Da game z really nice and exiting bt t z so difcot for pipo in remote areas to hve especially myself in Africa coz ts not so easy to buy or even downloading jst yo advice will be highly appreciated

Da game z really nice and exiting bt t z so difcot for pipo in remote areas to hve especially myself in Africa coz ts not so easy to buy or even downloading jst yo advice will be highly appreciated
If you don’t have Steam, the gaming platform in your country I cannot give you any advice.
I just looked at the official ETS2 side, and there you can only buy steam codes. No standalone version.
Sorry.

For info, there's an awesome mod on the games steam workshop (for ATS too) called HN Immersive Symbols...it gets rid of the XXXXXXX blocking roads (follow that sat nav CLOSE, because you still crash into invisible barriers!), the floating green icons (replaced with man hole covers, it's actually good) and cones for trailer pickup and parking....not updated so the new Customs check in and out of Russia areas are still green hologram things.

Driving through the map is so much better without those immersion breaking icons.

With or without ProMods, SCS really deserves the labour of love Steam Award for their continuing work on ETS2.

Completely agree, for me their only competitor in this category was "Thehunter classic" developers (it's an expensive af hunting sim from "avalanche studios" company, it's iracing of hunting sims lol) but end up picking SCS for these years of entertainment and support at a reasonable price:thumbsup:

And how often have you been to Russia?
Or is this due to the very famous russian bashing, because as we all know Putin is evil and everything is his fault?
:whistling::rolleyes::O_o:

no I don't think it has anything to do with Putin, it's probably more to do with the amount of crazy driving dashcam footage we see on the internet that originates from Russia

Well, driving in that region of Russia that is presented in the DLC has become more civilized lately. At least compared with more southern regions, it is very civilized. Main problem nowdadays is not the redneck drivers ( ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶) , or vile "teachers" who after seeing you doing small mistake, start getting in your way, pressing you, and basically do that until you crash or even hit someone else - traffic, people, whatever else, and then they just hit throttle and go away... they seem to be progressively vanishing over time, I see less and less stupidity like that. But main problem nowadays, well two main problems: - it's the people who never drove older cars in winter, or cars without abs, they tend to drive like it's summer, and make terrible mistakes, relying on new cars and thinking that somehow they have new technologies that overcome laws of physics. Especially scary if you see the van or big SUV going 110+ on iced highway, then it's going to change lane or the highway is slowly turning, and they BRAKE and turn, and that vehicle just flying off the road uncontrollably.
- and the people who never let you merge into traffic (still almost everyone). Even if the road has temporary roadblock (accident, construction) and you HAVE to change lane somehow sooner or later, 1 of 20 cars will let you merge.

Last edited:
So the last few months simracing has taken a back seat, my wheel is no longer on my desk but every year about this time of year i get the urge to chill out with some ETS2.
Maybe its time to hook up the wheel again , i find it the single most relaxing game on the planet :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.0%