ETS 2 | 'Road to the Black Sea' Release Date Announced...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
... at last! Arguably the most previewed DLC in the history of all things virtual driving, we now finally have a release date for the 'Road to the Black Sea' DLC for European Truck Sim 2... and it's closer than you probably imagined.

Yes, it really is going to be a good December for truck driving fans - the long awaited Road to the Black Sea DLC will be made available to purchase for European Truck Sim 2 this December 5th - just in time for the festive season!

We've spoken about the upcoming map expansion extensively here at RaceDepartment in recent months, despite ETS 2 being far from a racing simulation, so I'm not going to bother going back again over old ground and simply point you all to to a previous article HERE if you want to catch up with the latest previews from the new build.

Finally we know when it's coming - who's excited?

Road to the Black Sea Key Features:
  • Over 10.000 kilometers of roads to drive on.
  • Romania, Bulgaria, and European part of Turkey to explore
  • Europe's largest city, Istanbul.
  • 11 new local company docks and industries
  • 20 new major cities and many smaller towns and settlements
  • Famous landmarks and recognizable places
  • Characteristic Balkan architecture
  • Brand new unique 3D-assets
  • Lush climate accordant vegetation
  • Local AI trains, trams, and traffic cars
  • Horse carts - for Bulgarian and Romanian countryside
  • Border crossing - including features with various border controls
  • River ferry over Danube (Dunaj)
  • Black sea-region achievements to unlock
ETS 2 Road to the Black Sea Release Date.jpg

Big F deal. In the end it will be just another little map that will have to be modded anyway to become decent and blend in with the better maps we get as mods. The developers of this game are still clueless. So many years in development....we should have at the very least what modders did, a complete Europe, Balkan map.
While I do appreciate the hard work of Modders, I always have a promods + rusmap profile ready and I'm a supporter of both projects, I wonder about the negativity towards the devs. Personally I think they're doing a really good job, if you compare ETS2 of 2013 to the ETS2 we have now. They're listening to the community about the features they are implementing, and they even updated the engine to DX11.

You are aware you're getting all the updates for the base game for free, because you don't have to buy the map extensions if you're not interested? You're getting the rebuild maps for free? And one of the devs, Komfor in the steam forum, even provides a VR beta for a game dating from 2013? And you are aware they are that mod friendly that the modders even got a blender tool chain from SCS for free (https://scssoft.com/projects/scs-blender-tools) and somebody has to update the tool chain for every update of the base game?

I'm happy to support their hard work and will get every map extension they will release the second it's available.

You wonder about the negativity towards a dev who's been keeping a game in an "in developement" state for 7 whole years, and it's still not even halfway where it should be by now?
Jesus Christ man some trucks haven't even been updated since the release of the game, and you're wondering why the negativity?
Well...what can i say...some people will be happy eating dog poo. I want Pizza. Sorry.

You wonder about the negativity towards a dev who's been keeping a game in an "in developement" state for 7 whole years, and it's still not even halfway where it should be by now?

That's debatable. Alternativly you can buy every year a new F1 game with very little progress for full price and no VR whatsoever.

But each to their own liking. Other than that, one can discuss positions without personal insults, you don't seem to be a very likeable person if you're going down that route.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.2%