ETS 2 | 'Road to the Black Sea' DLC Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software have released the 'Road to the Black Sea' map expansion for European Truck Sim 2.

This one feels like I've been writing about it since the beginning of time, so long have the previews from this new DLC have been in circulation prior to the content release on December 5th.

I'll be honest, thinking of new and (hopefully) interesting things to say about map expansions for trucking games (regardless of how awesome said trucking game / map expansion is) has become somewhat the challenge in recent weeks, so for me at least, this DLC launch is rather timely as I'll not need to write about it again! Hurray!

Jokes aside, the 'Road to the Black Sea' pack for European Truck Simulator 2 looks like one of the most detailed and accomplished content releases created by SCS Software team so far in the history of ETS2 and sister title American Truck Sim - and as such looks like it will be a popular piece of content for the dedicated followers of the game.

Containing 20 new cities and a large selection of smaller towns and points of interest, the map expansion is available now and retails for around £13.49 depending on region of purchase.

Want a better idea of what to expect from the new content? Check out these previews released in recent weeks:

European Truck Sim 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Keep on truckin' folks - but spare a minute to pop over to the ETS2 sub forum and get the conversation with our awesome community flowing!

ETS 2 Road to the Black Sea DLC.jpg

Last edited:
Locations become more and more detailed as I see. Cities are becoming actual cities. There is a disparity though with some older content. But what I actually see when I look onto the shots is that it could look so much better with a newer engine. At this point performance is not a problem with a modern PC, but even with the same (not-so-detailed) assets this game would look much better on a newer engine. Wondering when will they drop this age old thing. Releasing a new game would likely mean a fresh start with only the basic states though - perhaps a jump in scale once again. Not like you can go much further within ETS2. :unsure:

Locations become more and more detailed as I see. Cities are becoming actual cities. There is a disparity though with some older content. But what I actually see when I look onto the shots is that it could look so much better with a newer engine. At this point performance is not a problem with a modern PC, but even with the same (not-so-detailed) assets this game would look much better on a newer engine. Wondering when will they drop this age old thing. Releasing a new game would likely mean a fresh start with only the basic states though - perhaps a jump in scale once again. Not like you can go much further within ETS2. :unsure:
I feel like I would not even play ETS2 if Project Next-Gen didn't exist. Much nicer textures and vegetation, great jump in graphical fidelity, especially for base content.

I feel like I would not even play ETS2 if Project Next-Gen didn't exist. Much nicer textures and vegetation, great jump in graphical fidelity, especially for base content.
Yeah, one thing I actually always do is apply seasonal mods and change them every 30 in-game days. As for 'proper' enhancements you cannot change lighting and geometry detail does have a limit for this engine before it collapses. That is the main concern perhaps, but texture and vehicle packs definitely improve the game's aesthetics and you can apply some shading via injection, though that usually only changes contrast and stuff thus being pretty subjective in terms of usefulness.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%